Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thanksgiving 2017

I really do love Thanksgiving. It's definitely one of my favorite holidays. (I'm pretty sure I say that about most holidays....) I love that we set aside a full day to think about all that we've been blessed with. 2017 was a rough year for me...I'm not going to lie....so I'm always grateful for the chance to think of how blessed I really am. It doesn't hurt that I have a super cute turkey (well....5 turkeys for that matter) that I love with all my heart!
 Thanksgiving morning was the usual 'Trav took the kids fishing trip' while whoever didn't want to go fishing stays home with me to bake up a storm before dinner and watch the Macy's parade. This year only Josh and Will went fishing, so me, Jonah and the girls baked up a storm! This year I was in charge of rolls, potatoes and mashed potatoes. I thought it'd be brilliant for me to use my instant pot to do the potatoes. But for some reason my pot didn't work! I had a mild panic attack but they eventually got cooked well enough to mash. I was SO annoyed! I don't know what's wrong with it and I've refused to use it since. Grrrr!

But dinner was at the Shelton's house. They have the perfect house for hosting big parties. Plenty of room for everyone!
 I thought Jonah's shirt was appropriate but he wasn't too amused.


 The food was so delicious it put Grandpa in a coma.
 I tried to catch the moment of Grandma cutting the pies. It was like a comedy routine but I missed getting the picture I wanted.

 Ya want some pie with that cream, Kate?



 After dinner we went on a little nature/burn some calories walk. It was beautiful and just what we needed. Adam even brought his unicycle to ride off-roading on the trail.






 
Then, to top the night off, Aimee invited all the cousins over for a cousin sleepover! So all the kids were whisked away for the night! Trav, Jonah and I came home and scrubbed the kitchen. It stayed  clean for 12 straight hours. It was glorious! But within 2 minutes of the kids being home the next day it was a mess again.
 Josh brought this thankful feather home from school. Funny how chips makes the list twice but family isn't even on there....sigh....
 And we brought out our thankful turkey for family night the Monday before Thanksgiving. We really do have so much to be grateful for!
 I'm seeing 6 turkeys in this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment