Saturday, August 8, 2020

Camping 2020

A few weeks ago we went camping to Marsh Lake in the Uintahs. It was so beautiful and just the excursion we needed.

Our campsite was right by the lake, which was amazing.

We had chicken tenders for one of our meals and Rach wanted one as a leftover heated by the fire.

We got a kayak for Christmas and this was the first time to try it out! Jonah hardly wore shoes the entire camping trip so as we were walking through (probably) snake infested grass, Trav gave him a ride. I swear that kid has hobbit feet or something.

Josh was good to be the muscle to give some rides.

These pictures definitely aren't in the right order but they always love the "tent roll" as we're putting the tent away.
Jonah got exhausted watching us all pack up camp.

My cute view in the burb.
 
And this was my view in the morning. All my little cuties snug as a bug.
These woodpeckers didn't even care that we were standing right there!

Woot woo!



Our campsite even had a little teeter totter in it.

We spent a lot of the time fishing. Well...I watched and read my book, but I do love watching them all fish.

Jonah would run up and down the bank checking on everyone to make sure he didn't miss any fish catching.




Got one!
It was so pretty.


Will got one too!

The next day we went up to a different lake to try our luck.






All Trav does is tie knots and get kids un-snagged.

We came up with nicknames for everyone on this trip. It was during this particular fishing trip that Will is now known as "Hook Shoe" and Jonah is "Lilly pad". Let's just say Hookshoe had to walk all the way around the lake stuck to his pole, and I'll spare you the details but Lilly pad is NOT a fun story (for me!)
Back to camp! (and shoeless Joe....which also could have been his nickname but Lillypad is ingrained in my brain)
And more kayak time!
Or waiting for kayak time...



Jonah did not like it when it wasn't his turn.



Yeah, I was cold most of the time.










Trav and Josh tried fishing off the kayak. Not too much luck but I think they still had fun.

This is where my nickname "Chug" came into play, and Trav's "Shoelace" in the background.

She has fire in her eyes!

We didn't really get pictures of the others with their nicknames. Rach was "Paper towel" or PT for short. Josh is "Muddy Buddy" and Kate is "Puddin' Pants"

It was a great little getaway. I love the mountains!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment