Thursday, August 12, 2021

Bear Lake

The day after we got home from camp M&M we packed up and went to Bear Lake!  I cannot express how much I love Bear Lake and I'm so grateful Cindy and Ted invited us to go. It'd been a couple years!
 
That first night Marcus and his girlfriend taught us how to play pickleball. I've wanted to learn how to play it forever so I'm glad I finally got the chance. It was SO fun!
 

The boys rode around on little cars. Will's a little big...

We attempted to have the boys share a bed the first night but they wouldn't go to bed. They just laughed and talked until we moved Jonah on the floor....then it got a little better.
Because the water was so low there was SO much beach! It was perfect to play in and the water stayed shallow for a LONG way which was nice for little people.


But you had to walk out a really long way to get to the boat or to swim.
Jonah found some "crab claws"
They were so funny swinging. One would yell "marco" the other "polo" every time they went forward. They did this for a really long time.
Shakes at La beaus is the best!


We got some great boating time in. Not all of the Maughans were there. It was just us, Wendy and Gary, Cindy and Ted, Alan, Kim, Marcus (and his girlfriend) and Missy. As much as I love having everyone else there it was awesome having a smaller group so we could do a lot more.
Jonah was the perfect flagman.








Jonah was "so hot" so he wanted to swim. He got in for all of .2 seconds before he was back in the boat. Bear Lake water is not warm!





The kids wanted to finally learn how to wakeboard!!  Woot woot! Josh popped right up.


He liked it!
Rach was up next.


Ah, my pictures got out of order! Here we are back at the beach!



Okay, back on the boat...



I got some amazing runs in! It was good to be back!

I may have wiped out once....



Trav showing us all how its done


Josh is up









Even outside the wake!
Then Kate tried it.







She had a few falls.
But she got up!!




These guys just ate candy in the boat the whole time.
Next was Rach's turn.
She had a lot of falls but I think it was mostly in her head.

Peek a boo!
She finally got up a couple times but was so surprised she let go! I didn't get a picture but a video so I'm not posting that here. I think if we would've had one last afternoon on the boat she totally would have perfected it. But the winds picked up that afternoon so we didn't dare take the boat out again. Bummer!

Not sure what Kate's doing in this picture. Ha ha!

Josh looks a little worried.
























This really is heaven on earth. We love you Bear Lake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment