Sunday, June 24, 2018

Everything else that's been going on...

Will and I wore our twinner hats and had to get a picture.
 Jonah is SO cute when we pray. Lately he's been trying to be reverent (and would probably do a lot better if the older kids would stop peeking and laughing at his cuteness). I had to sneak a picture of how reverent he is. His favorite part, by far, is the family hug we do at the end of the prayer.
 Josh's baseball season came and went. He had a pretty good team this year and I feel like it's the first year where it's real baseball. The pitchers are a lot better so there's a lot more hits and action during the games. It was so fun to watch! And Josh is seriously the cutest baseball player ever. He had some good catches and steals.
 Sometimes I had help in the cheering section.


Jonah is......busy. I think that's probably the best word for it. He is always trying to escape out of the house and he usually heads  out to the stream. So we have to keep a close eye on him every time he's outside. I love how he loves being outside though. Someday that will be nice. He usually starts off on the side just throwing rocks in...
 He gets a little close (so the pants come off)
 To sitting right on the edge...

 He usually ends up completely soaked from head to toe and totally in the water. I love our backyard.

Kate and I went bowling for our date and had a blast. I love hanging out with that sweet girl.

 I also got to go on a fieldtrip with Josh (and most of the 5th graders in the state) to a Bees game. It was SO crazy crowded, but it was a lot of fun!
 Every so often one of the players would throw a ball out into the audience to the kids. One time a ball was headed straight for Josh. He had his mitt ready and when it was about 6 inches above his mitt, a guy (an adult...I might add) reached out and literally snatched it out of Josh's mitt. I couldn't believe it! I almost said something to him but didn't want to be rude because I thought "Maybe he caught it for his kid." I gave him the undeserved benefit of the doubt. He totally kept it for himself and was admiring it the rest of the game.

I could tell Josh was disappointed and I'm pretty sure the baseball player that threw it into a crowd of hundreds of kids wasn't hoping a selfish adult was going to get it. Ugh...okay. rant over.
 We stayed until the very end and besides the baseball incident....had a great time!
 Jonah enjoyed the ice cream at aunt Aimee's house.
 They had a zoo night where the kept the zoo open later for people with season passes. We decided to go.
 The zoo was empty! It was SO nice to be there. After climbing on this gorilla will said "This is a girl gorilla." I wonder what gave him that idea? Ha ha!
 It was seriously the best night to be there. Gorgeous!





 The kids played at the playground for a while too. Usually it's so crowded there that they don't even want to. But not this time!

 Jonah has some good handles to hold on to.

 Will and Trav were shaving together and I thought it was super cute.
 Speaking of cute...
 And last but not least...Will and I were playing outside and we saw a ton of smoke in the sky. We could tell there was a fire and it looked like it might be in our ward boundaries. So we hopped in the car and went over to Monticello Drive. There was a house on fire on the road just behind (so not in our ward). We stayed there for a while watching the firefighters put the fire out and we actually saw flames. It was a crazy but kind of cool experience.

Then a little while later Will, Liam and Jack were playing out in the yard. I got a phone call from Lisa Clark telling me that she just saw the 3 boys walking up Park Lane off of the Frontage road. I instantly knew that they were going to see the fire. So I ran down the street to find the 3 boys with no shoes and a sippy cup of water. I asked them what they were doing and they said they "wanted to go help the firefighters put out the fire." I'm pretty sure the last thing the firefighters need is 3 barefoot 5 year olds putting out an exploding house fire (there were propane tank explosions) with a sippy cup.

That was a scary few minutes of my life but thankfully they are all okay! Crazy kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment