Thursday, April 12, 2018

March Madness

I'm not talking basketball...I'm just talking life. So here's a bunch of random stuff we had going on this March. First we've got a super-handsome Batman.
 Kate had a make an animal out of salt dough. I bet you'll never guess which animal she chose! I thought it turned out great!
 My favorite time of day is when I get to snuggle with this guy. He loves it when we take selfies.
 I've been able to go do early morning baptisms with the youth more lately which has been awesome. We really do have the best kids in the world! They are ready to go by 5:00am!! I never would have done that when I was a teenager.
 We also had our New Beginnings with the Young Women. Jared Ward came and spoke to us and it was such an awesome evening.
 I love this group SO much!
 Will and Liam being Will and Liam
 We made it to Columbia's literacy and art night. It was a madhouse (but also fun)

 We went birthday shopping for daddy and they all really wanted to get him this....
 We've had some gorgeous park days...

 Will dragged this gigantic tumbleweed home from the Ponds. Like...several blocks away...he brought it all the way so we could have an awesome fire.


 The fire did not disappoint!

 We got the chance to go to a special night at the Leonardo. My kids had never been there before and they loved it!


 This is as high as Will would go on the latter. Ha ha!
 The "thing" they have going on right now is Legos. They had some AMAZING creations. This was my attempt at getting a close up of angel Moroni.





 It was even more awesome because since we were there with a work thing, not only did we get in free, they had snacks for us there, but we had like the only kids so we pretty much had a place to ourselves. It was awesome!



 So, one of my fears is snow skiing. I went several times growing up and had several traumatizing experiences. Finally, in high school (after one of these said experiences) I swore it off. I had given it a fair chance and I just didn't like it...nobody could change my mind. So I haven't been skiing in probably 17 years (wow I'm old). My brother in law, Mike, caught wind that I didn't like to ski. He's the general manager at Alta and he insisted I have a good experience skiing. A couple years ago he gave me a pass for a ski lesson and all day pass. That pass has been collecting dust on my desk for the past 2 years. Just the thought of  going up there alone to take a ski lesson and figuring out what to do with my kids all day....oh, and snow is cold. I hate being cold. I was dragging my feet and just didn't want to do it.

After everyone bugging me about going and swearing I'll have fun...I finally consented. My sister in law LaNa said she'd go  up with me and take a ski lesson at the same time (but not the same class...she's super good) so she'd be there with me. Trav was home and had the kids and then would come meet up with me (with Rach, Josh, and Kate) for the ski after 3:00. The stars aligned and I was going to finally do it.

I went up with LaNa. She showed me the basics and gave me a refresher course on the bunny hill before my lesson. It all came back and was totally fine. We then went to see which lesson we were supposed to be in. I was taking a beginner class and LaNa advanced, but as we were talking to one of the instructors this guy came up to us (obviously the ski instructor manager, or someone like that) and told LaNa to go to a certain class and then told me that I needed to be in a higher class. I ended up having a private lesson! I guess he knew LaNa and Mike had given him a heads up and they wanted me to have a really good experience. This was SO weird for me! I never get special treatment for anything. I felt so weird (especially since my ski instructor even treated me a little different when he "found out who I was.")

So I got to ski with him for 2 hours and really get the hang of it. And you know what?....I liked it! It was actually a lot of fun. It was the most gorgeous day possible, I didn't even get cold.
 Then my cute family came up to join me. The kids were SO excited to see me skiing like a pro, but I still couldn't keep up with them!



 They were all so good! Josh was even going off jumps.

 I really liked skiing and would totally go again. I stand corrected. I was wrong...everyone else was right. What else is new?

Jonah has been loving the nice weather and is such a little explorer that he's always running around the back yard. We have to keep all the outdoor doors locked or he escapes.
 Rach had another amazing band concert. I'm so glad she loves the flute.

 My cute boys playing together.
 Jonah is just growing up so fast. I swear every day he's saying a new word that I didn't know he knew. He's even sitting on the big stools to the counter.

 Another early morning temple trip. Look how big our group is! The amazing thing is that when we went on this trip the temple was completely packed. We waited in the chapel for over an hour and still didn't get to do baptisms, so we just did confirmations and then had to get the kids back to school. That is why I'm SOOO thrilled were getting a temple in Layton!!
 Olympic themed pack meeting.



 Josh ended up winning 2 golds in different events!

 This was a YM/YW combined activity that was SO much fun! It was a Bob Ross paint night. All the pictures turned out pretty good!
 Will's souvenir from our walk.

 Every few days Will picks me some flowers from our yard, or our neighbors yard. I love that he's thinking about me.
 And last but not least.....Josh was in the constitution bowl and his team took first place!!! I love this group of guys. They are they best. Congrats boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment