Thursday, March 1, 2018

Kate is 8! Isn't that Great?

It is so weird to me that my sweet Kate is already 8 years old! To say she's been looking forward to this day is an understatment. I'm pretty sure she started a daily countdown at least a month in advance.
 The day started with breakfast in bed. Crepes...her favorite!
 She did eventually come upstairs with everyone else to finish them off.

 Jonah loved the gift he gave Kate so much he wouldn't let her play with it. It's funny because she couldn't think of anything to ask for but then she finally decided she wanted a little broom. When I found this broom in the store, Jonah went psycho-crazy and would not let go of it....even to pay for it. I think we'll have to invest in another one. On the plus side...hopefully my house will be a little cleaner!


 Death grip on the broom...
 She opened 1 gift before heading off to school....

 Everyone needs a magic 8 ball on their 8th birthday, right?!?
 While the kids were at school we spent most of the day playing with the balloons.

 Kate also requested a raccoon cake which I was really nervous about. Thankfully, Aimee was here and gave me the encouragement I needed to actually try it.  I know it's not professional but it actually turned out better than I thought it would and Kate LOVED it!


 She didn't want to do a party this year but to do something fun with the family and invite her BFF's, Erika and Morgan. So right after school we went to the trampoline park! It was a lot of fun and everyone was sufficiently worn out. We then had dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe then headed back to our house for presents. Of course she had to immediately put her jammies on.








 Jonah would not stop stepping on this present!


 I kind of figured someone would get hurt at the trampoline park, because that just kind of happens. But the only injury we got was Will got a GIANT goose egg of his forehead. The picture doesn't do it justice. The door slammed on his face when he was trying to go into the bathroom. That's not the injury I envisioned.
 Still has the death grip....
 Time for cake and ice cream! But we were all so full from PPC we hardly ate any.




 I'm not sure what setting Trav had on the camera but it did some weird things with the lights on Kate's face.


 I just love these cute girls.




 Kate really is the best of the best of the best. She is happy, kind, funny, loving, obedient and is one kid that I can just count on. She is my rock. I feel so blessed to be her mom and can't believe I've been trusted with such an amazing soul to raise. She's already trying to read the Book of Mormon by herself so at any given time if I can't find her in the house I can usually catch her doing this....
 Happy birthday Kate! Hope you had an amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment