Saturday, July 2, 2016

Schick Family Reunion 2016

Holy Hannah I have a lot of pictures! But justifiably so. Our reunion was so much fun this year! We headed up to Victor, Idaho in one of the most gorgeous settings possible.

We met my parents and the Hardy's on the drive up for lunch.

When we got there this is what we saw....it was gorgeous! And you can see the Tetons peeking over the hills.

 Before the trip we went to the library and got Kate her very first chapter book to read. She was kind of nervous that she wouldn't be able to do it (even though she's a great reader) but she did it! She finished her first real chapter book!! Junie B. Jones: There's a Monster Under my Bed. She was so excited and has since read several more and is begging to go back to the library. Another book worm!!


 I guess she takes after her big sister (.....and brother......and mom).
 

It was gorgeous in Victor. Green, grassy fields and mountains everywhere you looked. I could get used to that view.

 
 The kids spent a ton of time playing soccer with their cousins. It was a miracle nobody sprained an ankle on that "hole" in the  middle of the yard. That was my one complaint from this cabin....but it didn't slow the kids down at all. 

 The temperature was heavenly. Cool enough that we needed a fire the first night.

 Josh was the master fire builder.
 My man chopping wood.




 How does Trav always manage to find a bike? He did ride it a little bit including a midnight ride with Nate under the full moon.

That night we pulled out a few games. Pie Face was definitely a hit!





 
The next morning Trav and I were in charge of the cookin'

 Then the girls had a flower project that grandma arranged.

 I thought this was cute of my parents.
 And then everyone's favorite.....picture time!!! My oldest nephew Nate, just enlisted in the National Guard and will go to boot camp soon. So the theme for the boys was army. Nate's in his actual uniform. What a handsome bunch!


 Who's hiding in the bushes?


 Here's my 3 favorite guys.
 I think Jon's enjoying getting Nate into shape a little too much.

 Here's the whole clan. We were able to have everyone there except for Marc this year.

 Now it's the girls turn with our freshly made flower-hat-wreath-things. I'm really not sure what they're called.



 The sisters. One with a very pregnant belly.

 Me and my girls.
 It's nice to get a couple picture once in a blue moon.

 We then headed to Jackson Hole which was only a short drive away. We had to get the famous picture by the antler arch. Right as Trav was about to take the picture, Tyler got punctured by an antler and was screaming. Apparently I was the only one that noticed, After I helped him I was like "Wait...aren't we taking a picture?" Everyone claimed we already did but I didn't believe it until I saw this picture. Ha ha!
 Right as we were about to take THIS picture Will bonked his head on the same antler that got Tyler! Ouch!!
 We did get one more of the group that involved all of us not getting punctured.
 After walking around Jackson a bit we had to stop and get ice cream. Kate was the camera man at this point. I love the look she captured on Will's face.




 That night we went to Bar-J Wrangler's ranch for dinner and a show. We had a good time but those benches are NOT meant for pregnant ladies. Holy cow my back was aching. Luckily (or not so luckily) Kate had to go to the bathroom like 4,000 times during the show so I was able to get up and walk around a bit....but then we did miss most of the show which was totally annoying. That girl and her bladder....
 
We pulled out some more games that night and played as a group.
These kids LOVE their cousin Adam. They just followed him around and played with him the whole trip. He is an awesome cousin and totally went with it. Will even referred to the cabin that we stayed at as "Adam's house." 
We lucked out and got the master suite. It was very nice!

 The next morning we headed up to Targhee Ski Resort for a little hike. Who let the pregnant lady on the hike?




 We stopped at a yummy pizza place on the way back to "Adam's house."
 
Then Aimee pulled out her magical bubble solution. The kids had SO much fun with this and played for the longest time. We couldn't stop taking pictures of them.






 Will would try to get close to a bubble but then he'd run away as soon as he got close.



 William and Hallee spent a lot of their time making "soup" in the mud puddle on the rock. Complete with bugs. Yum!



 We had plenty of time to just hang out and chat.
 Erin gave us a little lesson on family history.
 
We played lots of games. We played a getting to know you game and one of the questions was "What is something you're afraid of?" My brother-in-law, Todd said "terrorists." William thought he said "Carrots" and could not stop laughing that uncle Todd was afraid of carrots. Ha ha!
 

 The day we had to pack up and leave it was Father's Day. It was nice to be all together on that day and we even got a picture of all the grandkids with grandpa.
 We stopped at the Roberts house for lunch on the way home.
 I was definitely not ready for the reunion to be over. I think we needed another couple days. The kids loved playing with their cousins and I loved hanging out with my sisters. It was an awesome little getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment