Sunday, July 3, 2016

11 is Heaven!

11 years ago at exactly 11:11pm this little lady made me a mom. I can't believe she's eleven! That's a little too close for comfort to the teenage years for me. The nice thing about having a summer birthday is that we can celebrate all day long. We let her open a present in the morning, but we wanted to save the rest for when dad got home. I thought Josh did a good job with the decorations.

 She was up too early to get breakfast in bed (stinker....she ALWAYS sleeps in!) but we did have her favorite for breakfast: waffles with strawberries and cream (and sprinkles for the birthday girl).

After that I had a dr. appointment in Murray (blah) so luckily we made other plans. We headed out to Wheeler Farm and met up with the Maynes there. We walked around for a bit until I had to leave to go to my appointment. They were able to just play at the farm until I got back. Then we had a picnic lunch and came home. Unfortunately it was HOT that day so everyone pooped out a little early. They were all pretty much done by the time I got there so I didn't really get to enjoy the farm as much as I would have liked. It was nice for the kids to be doing something fun rather than just chillin' at home alone while I had to go. But I am kicking myself for not getting any pictures there.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty easy going. Chicken Croissants for dinner (mmmm....) then it was present time!!!

Will truly knows the way to Rachel's heart....


 She discovered tennis at a school field trip at the end of the year and has been dying to play. We figured if she's going to be a famous tennis player she might as well get started. She told me that's what she wants to be when she grows up so she doesn't need to know how to type. (she hates typing). I'm pretty sure even famous tennis players need to type...but what do I know?

 This giant boohemeth had been in our bedroom for about a week and they kids were dying to know what was inside. Rach was very excited when she saw the bow on top and knew that it was for her!

 What the heck is that thing?
 Josh and his crazy eyes could see that it was a giant beanbag!!


 This thing can hold a lot of people.
 It was then time for Strawberry Shortcake.
 Either Will grew an extra arm or someone is trying to stop him from blowing out the candles.
 We also got her some new bed sheets. I'm not exactly sure which foreign country they came from but if you're going to spell "pillowcase" you should probably have somebody proofread it before you send it out.
 We ended the night with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Schick and a movie night. It was a great day to celebrate a great girl. Since she's 11 she's convinced that this will be her lucky year and I'd like to bargain that she is right.

A couple days later we had her friend birthday party. This year she wanted the theme to be cupcake wars! We got all the supplies ready....
 Then when everyone arrived we split them up into teams and each team had to create their own cupcakes. I gave them all vanilla batter and they could add what they wanted to flavor it. But their cupcake had to be a "holiday" theme.
 Rachel and Ruby were on a team.
 Elise and Aspen.
 They boys: Brad, Josh and Will.
 Kate and I were also on a team but we didn't get a picture of ourselves.
Here's what they looked like before cooking....
 While they cooked we went and did presents.
 Then we played a little game of truth or dare (but I had all the things already written up so it wouldn't get too crazy).



 Will was trying to make Brad laugh. Ha ha!
 Elise had to put lipstick on Aspen while blindfolded.


 Scratch your armpit with your toes!
 They had a ton of fun with that game. It was the perfect "filler."
Then it was back to the kitchen to decorate!!

 Time is running out!!

 Here's the boys finished product. They decided to do Halloween and let me tell you....it was absolutely disgusting! We all had to taste each others and vote. I think they won "Best use of holiday" because there was no category for "I would never eat this....even if I was starving." I'll have to keep that category in mind for next time.
 Elise and Aspen won "Most creative" with their Easter themed cupcakes.
 Rachel and Ruby got best looking with their 4th of July fireworks.
 Kate and I won best tasting (Oh yeah!!) with our 4th of July berry cupcakes.
 Will liked being a judge.
 And here's the whole gang!

It was a fun party and a great birthday. She has some awesome friends. Love you Rach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment