Monday, May 16, 2011

The King and I

Okay, I have to admit it...the play was AWESOME!! Our stake did the musical The King and I and Rachel and I were in it. I was a royal wife (what else would I be?) and Rach was a royal child (again, the obvious).  As much fun as we had it took a TON of time.  I finally cleaned the house today for the first time in 2 weeks and have done 4 loads of laundry with a couple more to go. I guess I got a little neglectful of everything else in my life during the play. It's great to be back to normal but we did have a blast.  Here's some pictures of all that happened.  Here's my little Siamese girl and naughty little brother...


 
 Notice that black-haired girl in the back row?  Yep, that's me!  I dyed my hair black!  This is the first time I've ever dyed my hair, but I kind of like it.  It's a nice change.  Don't I look totally interested in what's happening?
 Those two little cuties that are bowing to Anna in this picture are my kids.  The one in pink is Rachel and the other is my adopted daughter Megan, for the play.  So cute.
 Here's all the kids in "Home Sweet Home" (that's the name of the song they're singing)  Rach is the little pink one on the right.  I know, they all look the same that's why I have to keep pointing us out.
 Again, hard to find Rach but she is sitting on Anna's lap singing her little guts out in this picture, her face is turned to the side.
 This is my favorite one.  Rachel had the distinct title of "disruption child" (so fitting).  At one point in the play there were 4 "disruption children that ran around the king causing chaos.  For some reason, both of my kids were dubbed to be those.  This is one where she was running around the king.
 While we weren't on stage (which was most of the time) we were in the green room trying to keep ourselves busy.  I think we played skip-bo at least 25 times.
 Then all the kids played "down by the banks"  It was so fun to watch, but now there's a ton of verses at the end that are new since I was a kid.
 Here's the super-hot hoop-skirt wives.  I like the one on the left especially.  Don't you love the dress?  I was thinking of wearing it to church or something.
 Another one of the little cutie.
 And the whole cast.  There were a lot of us!  Everyone did awesome and I want to thank everyone that came to see us.  A ton of hard work was put in so it was good to share all that with others.  The comment I heard most was "I can't believe this was a stake play!"  Don't you feel guilty for not paying money to see such a show?  You can make your check directly payable to me. 
 Oh, here's one last one for the road of the Siamese girls.  No, I didn't dye Rachel's hair, just black hairspray.  But she did have to wear make-up which made her look like she was 14.  Man, I'm getting old.
 Rach also had her Kindergarten program last week (busy week).  So I had to throw in a picture of that.
 And here's our mother's day picture I forgot to put in last time.  Yes, the kids are freezing to death.
So much fun. Our stake does a play every 4 years so we'll see if we do it again next time.  Thanks to my hon for being home early, watching the kids and holding down the fort while I was gone every night.  Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I just posted this huge long post about how much I loved the show and then something happened and took me away from the page! It was AWESOME! We took the kids and all of us LOVED it! Such talent in one Stake is amazing! It was such a good play! You look awesome with black hair and Rach was adorable up there! I so wish we could have stayed for the whole thing but our two youngest were doing good to behave until intermission. (loved that song btw!) :) So entertaining! I did, I loved it! Thanks for telling you were in it! I could tell lots of work went into it! So, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was a lot of fun. That hair totally makes you Asian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! I heard the play was fabulous. I so wish we could have seen it. Now I need a real life picture with your hair-do.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete