Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter, Temple Square and Mother's Day


Easter this year was awesome as usual.  We did get visited by the Easter bunny.  Kate was totally digging the finding of the candy thing.  Well, she'd find one thing then carry it around.  But she's keeping an eye out for anyone taking a second look at her stash.



 I tried to get a cute Eater picture of the kids together and this is as good as it got.


 
We did decorate some Easter eggs too.



 
Then a couple weeks ago we decided to go to temple square to see all the flowers.  Fortunately we picked the one day that week that it didn't snow, but the flowers were afraid to come out in their full glory.  They knew they were being tricked with semi-nice weather just like we were.  We still had fun.  Kate loved running all over the place and especially the Christus. 

When we went to temple square we also had dinner at the Garden and then showed them where mommy works.  You should have seen how big their eyes got when they saw those desserts!  But for some reason they had to have their picture taken with pretty much every statue we saw.  Kate liked crawling through Joseph Smith's legs the best.


 
Oops, here's another Easter picture. Rachel was not thrilled to be there.
Here's 3 little monkey's in the tub.  That's one full bath!
Okay, all my pictures are out of order, but whatever I'm too tired to fix it right now.  By far the favorite part of the temple square trip was the fan vents in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  They would walk on them and it blows pretty hard and they all thought it was so funny.  We spent a good 20 minutes just doing that. 

  Mother's Day was wonderful and I am so blessed to be a mom.  Even though it is definitely not the easiest job in the world, it is definitely the most rewarding.  As we were driving home last night from visiting both sets of grandparents I asked the kids, "What do you love most about me being your mom?"  Okay, every mom wants to hear the answer to that question and I was very curious to see what they'd say.  In my mind I had come up with a few possible answers (or at least the one's you hope for) ...you're wonderful, smart, beautiful, an amazing cook, you do everything for me, you make me want to be a better person, you're kind and patient.....the list can go on and on)  Rachel promptly answered, "I love you because you taste like gum and you're as soft as grass."  Now where this answer came from? I don't think I'll ever know.  Then they proceeded to say "You're soft as a blanket, sneaky as a snake, hard as a rock, wet as rain."  And this list continued for a good 5 minutes.  Maybe someday I'll get the answers I was hoping for but for today I will take being as tasty as gum (because that is Rachel's favorite candy) and soft as grass (because they never like to wear shoes outside.)  It's sweet because it's my kids.

Oh, and as a side note all you men that read this blog (I know there's a huge following) okay girls just pass this one along to the men. Yesterday in church, you know how the mother's always get a little gift?  It's usually cookies or some sort of treat, a flower, a little book or whatever.  Yesterday was the best gift EVER from church.  All of the women got to:  get out of their callings for the day, go to relief society, have a super short lesson on how great we are to be mom's and then we had a brunch in the overflow and got  to sit and eat this yummy brunch and visit for 25 whole minutes. We got quiche, fruit kabobs, capri sun (mmmm...), and wait for it ....chocolate covered strawberries.  The only way to top that as a church gift would be to send us home early (alone). It was so awesome and I'm trying to get the word out so everyone can pass the word along to bishoprics around the world.  It was fantastic!  Everyone should be able to have such a good mother's day at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment