Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big Number 4

All right, here he is.  My little boy is now the big number 4.  I can't believe it!  He's so cute, huh?
 He had a totally awesome birthday.  He got some cool presents, that as you can see from the picture, that are already being put to good use.

 And as the most awesome cake decorator in the world, I did a cool cake.  Yep.  This boy is obsessed with baseball.  I didn't get a picture of the inside of the cake but there were 2 colors:  blue and green. It was so awesome and Josh loved it.  I should totally go into business or something (kidding, totally kidding)
 And as for the big gift items on this wonderful day......baseball stuff!!!!  We play baseball everyday (when it's not raining so it really hasn't been too much).  But we've been playing with a stick, a racquet ball and our good old hands.  Now we have balls, a real bat and Josh has a mitt. It's going to be a fun summer!
 As for what he wanted to do, he wanted to go to Boondocks.  This is only 4 minutes away from my house and I've never been there before.  We first had dinner there, played in the arcade and the kids played in the kiddie cove. They had SO much fun.  What a fun way to spend a birthday for a big boy.  Here's some shots of all the fun.
 Wait a minute.....that doesn't look like a skee-ball.......


 And I realized that we don't have a single picture of me with my black hair rather than being dressed Siamese.  So here is a self-shot of my trying to get my hair how I actually do it.
 That was a bad picture, so here's another self-shot with the birthday boy.  Another bad picture. Maybe I'll have someone actually take one of me one of these days before it goes away.
 By the end of the night Kate had had it.  She was ready for some baseball cake!  It was such a fun day.
 Then the next day Trav and Josh had the ward father/sons campout.  Josh went fishing for the first time.  Although they didn't catch any fish I got a phone call early in the morning saying, "Mom, we're fishing and I touched a worm!"  That was the highlight of my day.
 Here's some shots of a super-cool little sister who is growing like a weed and getting into such a naughty stage.  Why are 1 year olds so busy?

  It was funny because I took Josh to the doctor earlier this week for his 4 year old check-up and while we were there I mentioned that he produces tons of earwax.  (This may get graphic so if you have a weak stomach, stop reading).  She said that some people just produce more than others but that she'd clean it out because q-tips can kind of pack it in. So they put some oil in his ears then proceeded to get the earwax out.  I kid you not it was  a Shrek moment.  Do you remember the part in Shrek where he pulls his earwax out and makes a candle?  Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  It was so gross!!  They got one ear totally clean and the other one only partially clean because he was having a hard time and wouldn't hold still anymore (I can't blame him).  So now I know he can at least hear me out of one ear and he can't pull the totally glazed -over face like he has no idea what I just said when I ask him to get ready for bed, brush his teeth, or anything else like that.

 And here's one last shot of the birthday boy and the most totally awesome birthday cake ever (hey don't judge me that this is as cool as it gets in my cake decorating abilities)  Happy birthday buddy.  Love you like crazy (and no we didn't use the Shrek candle on the birthday cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment