Saturday, August 12, 2023

Runnin'

Josh and Kate both did track this year and did great! I kind of love these pictures because looking at Kate's face you can see how much it hurts and how hard it is, but she always keeps going. Some races she feels great, others max her out to the limit but I'm so proud of her for giving her all no matter how she feels.



I stole these ones from the KJH page. Kate really did have such a fun season.

I love the team spirit this group has. Makes me wish I would have done track in jr high and high school.




Kate made it to district for the mile! As a 7th grader!!! She's incredible! Sadly, she had been sick all week and still wasn't feeling great on race day, but good enough to race. She ended up running her fastest mile yet but it took every ounce of energy from her. I'm so mad at myself too because I almost missed her race!! I went to the wrong school (where Josh's race was 2 days later....honestly it's hard to keep them al straight). We showed up as she was running and had 1 1/2 laps left. I feel so bad I wasn't there the whole time but grateful I made it there for her finish. What an awesome season she had!
Josh also had a good season. He focused mostly on hurdles this year.
Nice and sweaty...
Track kids are awesome and I'm glad my kids are some of them.

I'm also grateful for coaches who were able to get some good pictures of Josh out on the field for me!












 So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment