Saturday, August 12, 2023

May 2

The 2nd part of May begins with Josh's birthday! He's 16!!I don't know why but always with Josh it feels like he's older so it felt like he's already been 16 for a while. We started it off with breakfast in bed.
 

He's always so thrilled to take pictures. Ha ha!
And a gift to start the day.

He knows what he's going to be doing all summer.
This is Jonah's buddy Lincoln. They are the cutest friends and such buddies. Jonah found out Lincoln is moving and won't be back at Columbia next year and he cried so hard. It was so sad. I'm glad they were able to be buddies this year and I hope their paths will cross again someday.
Picnic on the playground fell on Josh's birthday. I told him he could come meet us on the playground for lunch. It was a hard pass.
He opened the rest of his presents that night



The coveted banana chair...

These two are peas in a pod. Best friends
That night Josh didn't want a big to do about his birthday. The only thing he wanted was to invite a few friends over for a game night. Sounds perfect!

Already the banana chair came in handy.

It's always sad to see a soccer season wind down. Will had a great team this year!
And Kate's team was a lot of fun! They dominated!
Josh teaching Jonah to play chess on his new fancy chess board.



Josh's cake kind of caved in (I am a horrible cake maker!) So we filled the middle marshmallows so it looked more level. Turned out great and tasted great. That's really all that matters and why you'll never see me slaving over a perfectly decorated cake. As long as it tastes good I don't care what it looks like!

This is one of my favorite fields Josh plays on. It's in Ogden and such a pretty backdrop.
I was working the day they had field day so I got to come sneak over and take a few pictures. It was weird not volunteering and being a part of field day (but it was also nice being paid to be there)







This was Josh's last game with his comp team. He decided to not do comp anymore and join a rec team with his friends in the fall.  So bittersweet but I think it will be for the best. It was such a gorgeous night.
Then we saw a rainbow and I kept taking pictures of the rainbow.

Apparently we missed a really amazing goal by one of Josh's teammates because we couldn't stop watching the rainbow.
The kids getting ready for pinewood derby....
The 6th graders had their lip sync competition and the ground duties decided to do a number. We did Singing in the Rain/Umbrella by Rihanna. it turned out so good and was SO fun! I had to watch Natalie the whole time to get the moves right. ha ha!

Jonah got an award at the end of year assembly. Such a cute guy.
And we made it to the last day of school! How did that happen? These boys both had a great year so it was sad to se it end but looking forward for what is to come!
End of year water party at Clemens. It started raining! It was such a weird weather year!
We had our annual "burn all your schoolwork" night


One of our favorite traditions.





Jonah was eager to start his summer workbook...too bad that enthusiasm didn't last.
Now summer is in full swing!
1st item of business.....sweep out the garage.
We had a memorial day dinner with the Schick's (but not on memorial day)
I love Josh's smoulder.
This was a cute BeReal so I had to steal it.
Then on Sunday we met at Grandpa's grave for hotdogs and the program.




 

Sleeping outside in hammocks to start the summer off.



And Rach got to go to Washington DC with the marching band for one last hurrah to march in the Washinton DC memorial day parade! I'm so glad she got to have this cool experience (even though it did rain on their parade). We found her on the tv coverage! So cool!


More pinewood derby car prep

Josh's artwork in the tunnel by the ponds that we found....
We had the young women over for a movie night to watch Aladdin.

Jonah's cute soccer team.
Here's some more DC pictures.


And last but not least are my mother's day pictures. I request these every year and am so glad we do them. I sure love these kids and feel blessed every day I get them in my life!







Happy May!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment