Monday, June 15, 2020

Birthday bonanza

Will and I both had quarantine birthdays this year. I actually really loved it because that meant that everyone was home all day, I didn't have to run around to a million places, and everyone felt bad that I couldn't go do anything so everyone was extra thoughtful and made me feel so loved. It was great!! All day I was getting texts, calls and gifts from friends and it was amazing. But best of all, I got to spend it with my favorite people.



 Trav and Rach slaved away at this delicious cake too. Mmm!

 Then before I was even done celebrating my birthday, it was Will's birthday! I did feel bad for him for not being able to have a party or hang out with his buddies this year. It also fell on a Sunday so not as many people thought about it as I hoped they would. But I think he still had a great day. One of his highlights was I let him stay in jammies all day (even during church). He loved that.







 But the best part of the day by far was the pinata. The Maynes stepped it up (as they always do) and made him a taco pinata! How cool is that?!?
 We started with a pool noodle so everyone would get a chance to whack.





 We didn't even make a dent in the thing so we had to pull out the bat!




 Everyone got a chance with the bat before we finally struck gold!




 Candy is Will's love language so having a whole pinata full was just what he needed.
 Then Josh and Will whacked the tar out of that poor taco.






 We got visited by grandma and grandpa.
 Who gave Will a giant bag of gummy worms (which were gone within days)



 And a giant bag of popcorn (which took a little longer)
 He spent the day playing with presents and digging for fossils.


 When it was time for cake, he didn't seem too impressed.

 Until we lit the candle.


 I didn't get a good picture of the cake but there were M&M's on the inside which Will thought was pretty cool.

Happy birthday to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment