Sunday, May 3, 2020

Q-Life 2

We cut a tree down that was by our garden, then planted a peach tree there! I can't wait for peaches!!

 Josh had to do a cool project for one of his classes. This was a fun one, (can't you tell by the look on his face?)
 We've played SO many board games. My kids have actually, miraculously all gotten along really well. I think it helps knowing they can't play with anyone else and not that they're just missing out. I love that they're good buddies.
 On St. Patrick's day I took the kids to go see Bigfoot.
 Then we played at Farmington Pond for quite a while. It was gorgeous!





 Then one morning we woke up to an earthquake!!! Trav was working in the office with Jonah as his working buddy. I was in bed but awake and all the other kids were in bed. A little after 7:00am I heard a rumbling noise then the bed started to shake. For a split second I thought it was some crazy windstorm but when the shaking started I knew what it was. It was SO crazy! That's the first one I've really felt before. Trav was hilarious running around trying to get him and Jonah into safety. I figured my bed was the safest place in my bedroom so I just stayed put. Everyone was okay and everyone felt it, except Will, who slept through it all and didn't believe us when we told him. Jonah loved it and prayed for another earthquake to happen for a few days afterward. The rest of the day Trav worked in "Code Red"
 One of the first days of quarantine (and before they technically closed all parks) we rode our bikes over to the school so the kids could play on the playground. They always love playing there when they can break all the school rules.

 Will spent several days digging a hole in the garden. Give the kids some dirt and a shovel and he's got a project!
 I thought this was funny because it's true. There was this crazy run on toilet paper when everything started. You can kind of find some now but not much....and you can only buy one pack at a time.
 We've done lots of puzzles and Kelsey even let us borrow a few so we had some new ones to work on.

 Speaking of Kelsey...we took a walk one night to the ponds and it was breathtakingly beautiful. I had to take a picture.
 My first time at the store once this all started was pretty shocking. They still had a lot of things but I've never seen shelves this empty before. This was pasta and sauce...
 Ramen....
 Beans..
 These 2 have been inseparable. Most of the time they are causing some kind of trouble, but sometimes I'll catch them being adorable and reading books together.

 We took the bikes out to Antelope Island before the bugs got bad. That's a great place to 'social distance' because there's so much open space out there. Everyone went biking but Jonah and I just went on a walk (couldn't do the bike trailer on those trails). We got really close to a bison...which was pretty scary...but we made it!

 We've had lots of fires in the yard.
 More chalk drawings...





 We even had a neighborhood chalk drawing  so you could walk around the neighborhood and look at others drawings. It was pretty fun!





 Rach is always reading or styding or sketching or something. She hasn't seemed to have minded the quarantine too much. It's been so nice that my kids have been handling everything so well.
 
I didn't even know what a Zoom meeting was before this all started. Now we're having Zoom meeting everything....school, Primary meetings, missionary discussions and even family nights...
 One bonus of this whole being stuck at home thing is Jonah is FINALLY potty trained!! We've been begging a bribing for a while now but have been actually able to focus on it. He could earn a prize for going potty and he earned it the first day we got it! A new balance bike!  Woot woot!

 No comment...

 Will could get a full time job of making paper snowflakes. It's his favorite thing to do and has decorate Jonah's room to the max.
 Kate learned how to make omelettes all by herself. She's made them for breakfast for all of us a few times. They're delicious and I don't help her at all!
 Here's the potty master himself.
 More Legos....actually...we totally got hooked on a show called Lego Masters. They build the craziest, coolest stuff. That inspired them to build more.

 I got my eye on you!



No comments:

Post a Comment