Monday, November 9, 2015

I swear this is the last Halloween post!

Wendy was in charge of our October Maughan family night so she did a murder mystery dinner! It was SO much fun!! I love how "into it" the Maughan's get. What a fun night!

Here's our little family. Trav was Big Daddy...the main character. I was Savannah Sugarbaker his crazy ex-wife. And the kids? Well....they had fun too. (and yes, I was supposed to look ridiculous)

The whole story takes place in the South so when they said "dress up for your character" little did we know Colin 
would be coming as a black boy.

 
LaNa, Mike, and Cheyanne
 Alan and Kim's fam...
 The Jones'.....
 And don't forget Grandma, the lawyer!
 Trav died pretty early on in the night.
 But at least he was still interesting...
 We had so much fun eating, revealing the clues we knew, finding new evidence to see who killed Big Daddy. It was awesome!
 I just had the throw in the "floating eyes and teeth picture."  Silly Colin.
 LaNa graced us with an interpretive dance. I ended up killing 5 people and accidentally killing myself, then Trav came back to life! It was such a fun night with such fun people!!
 Then on Halloween morning we woke up bright and early and Rach and I went and ran in the Mayan Miracle 5k race. I did it last year and this year Rach said she wanted to do it with me. I am SO not a runner but it was for my nephew's Eagle project so we thought we'd go support. It actually was a lot of fun.
 (Kate had fun while waiting for us to get to the finish line too)
 
Wendy and Gary looked so awesome.

Rach and I started off running together then after about 50 yards I could tell she wanted to go faster. Remember how I'm not a runner? I told her to leave me behind and do the best she could. She totally left me in the dust!! She caught up to her cousin, Sam, and ran with him for a while.
 He sprinted at the end so Rach ran in nice and smooth at the end.

 Here comes slow Mommy!


 We did it! We all made it! Wendy, me, Rach and Sam!!

 
Now let's just talk about Rachel for a minute...not only did she leave her dear old mother in the dust but she totally KILLED it! (They got the ages messed up on everyone) but she got 27:32, not only did she get first place in her age group, but she got first place girls up to 15 years old. My girl has wheels!! And she  got 37th place overall....which there were probably close to 200 people racing. 37th including men. Yeah. She's awesome!!
 Okay, so obviously I wasn't as fast as Rach but I did get 8th in my age group and 45th overall with a time of 29:10. Not too shabby for someone that never runs!
 So my little runner girl got a skull head trophy. She totally earned it too!
 Aunt Wendy got 1st in her age bracket so she got a skull head too. But she also got 2nd woman overall!! Totally awesome. Now I know who Rach can train with.
 I'm so proud of Rach, and I'm glad we (kind of) got to run together. What a fun way to start Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment