Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 21st

June 21st is a big day around here. It's the first day of summer......It was a Sunday.....Rachel's birthday....and this year it was also father's day! The day started out with breakfast in bed for both Rach and daddy. (Sorry I didn't take a picture of Trav)

 
Rach wanted to open a few presents before our 9:00am church (but she had to promise to be ready on time) No small feat for this one!

 William was waiting patiently to see what it is!
 The one thing that she asked for this year was a rubix cube. Totally awesome!
 Next, she got a new scripture case!
 From Will.....
 Then of course you have to have scriptures to put in that case. She was very excited to take them all to church.
 We went to church, it was awesome. They sang to all the dads in sacrament meeting. Then as soon as we got home it was time for more presents.
 A new beach towel!
 This was the one she had her eye on all day....

 Look at that face. Jackpot! We got her some new bedding. I'm starting to admit that she's growing up despite how much I want to deny it. She really is 10, not my little baby anymore.

 We couldn't forget about daddy! We gave him some more Joey stories which are the best things ever. We will treasure those for the rest of our lives. We also got daddy a new lawn edger....which he was thrilled about. I didn't get a picture of that either.
 We had grandma and grandpa Schick, and the Hardy's (minus Marc) over for a birthday dinner/Father Day's dinner.Strawberry Shortcake is the best birthday cake!
 Hey Rach....how old are you now?
 Did I really become a mom only 10 years ago?
 Still playing with the rubix cube. She's refusing to look up instructions and wants to figure it out by herself. Good for her! (Despite the instructions that came with it are in Chinese. They do have English translations....but you can tell it's directly translated if you know what I mean. They don't make much sense.)
 We went outside to enjoy the gorgeousness of our backyard.
 I got some pretty awesome pictures of Kate's hair.


 I did finally get a father's day picture of the best daddy in the world with the best kids in the world. How the heck did I manage to be a part of this family?
 Give daddy a kiss!


 My 2 cuties on their special day.

 Look like you're having fun!
 Then it was back on the tramp.



 Now onto another day....I got our tie dye shirts rinsed out from the camp out. This is how they turned out. So cool!



 With Will's I just used a fluorescent yellow shirt and put blue on it. This is how it turned out. I think it's awesome!
 And here are just a bunch of random photos.....
Baths are always more fun with green water.
 Here's a picture of our cute little garden. Trav finished building that wall a couple weeks ago and I think it looks great.
 And who says Batman can't look fabulous?

 Here's Kate having a "moment" while playing dinosaurs. She was convinced William was totally ruining the game.
 He was innocently over here playing with the snakes. I told him to look up so I could take a picture. This is what I got.
 And once in a while you just need a tea party on the deck.

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment