Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Muddah's Day

Oh man!  Mother's day is seriously what it is all about.  The best day of the year in my opinion!  This year was no exception. It was awesome.  I got a yummy breakfast, awesome gifts from the kids, a luncheon at church, the kids sang in sacrament meeting....  Kate didn't dare to go up front to sing so she just stood right by me and sang all the songs along with them.  Just as good if you ask me!  Then we had dinner with the Maughan's at Cindy and Ted's house.  What made the night even better was we busted grandpa Maughan out of the rehab center to come have dinner with us.  It was SO good to see him there.  

I did have one request for my mother's day gift.  I wanted to get a cute picture of William snuggling with me.  He does it all the time, and typically only with me.  I know this is not going to last forever so I wanted to get one of those "precious mommy pictures" before he stops doing it because it is seriously my favorite thing in the world.  He can be fussy and crying but if I pick him up he puts those 2 fingers in and snuggles right in.  It's the best!  So after a few pictures like this....

 
And This.....
 
And this...


We did manage to get a few cuter ones.
 

 Man I love that boy!  Being a mom is the best. Here's some pictures of the kids giving me their gifts.  Rach made the cutest card EVER in school where she had to guess all of my favorites.  She's so funny.  She thought "Zip a de do dah" was my favorite song (maybe because I sing that all the time to Kate when I'm zipping her jacket?  I don't know), and she's totally convinced Chuck-a-Rama is my favorite restaurant.  I guess "more is better" in her opinion.  It was so cute.  I loved it!

 Josh gave me a strawberry stemmer, which I know sounds kind of weird but when I had to chop up 6 lbs of strawberries for the Relief Society meeting 2 days later I was so thankful I had that thing!

 Kate gave me......wait for it......
 A beach hat!  I'm definitely looking forward to the beach this summer.
 And everyone had to try it on, of course!


 Even though Kate was mid-tantrum in this picture (although she looks perkier than she actually was) I LOVE these kids.  I LOVE being a mom.  It is so stinkin' hard a lot of the time but those times of pure joy totally make it all worth it.  These 4 are the best.
 We've also had lots and lots of games.  Talk to the hand....
 Josh has started baseball.  Oh my gosh.  I really don't think there's anything cuter than little baseball players. 
 This year is coach pitch so it's a lot harder to get a hit.




 Josh is one of the very few kids that actually pays attention to what's going on in the game.
 He's also had some soccer games. Soccer players are so cute too.  Okay, maybe I just think Josh is so cute no matter what he does.
 I had to get a toothless soccer picture of him.  I have one of me when I was little.  I'll have to see if I can find it and we'll do a side by side. 
 Rach also has been dominating the field. She is one awesome defender!
Spring sports are so much fun.  My dream of being a soccer mom is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment