Tuesday, May 20, 2014

7 Year old Ninja's

Josh requested that he have a Ninja birthday party this year.  Parties always stress me out for some reason,but then when all is said and done I'm so glad we've done it.  All the stress is totally worth it!  Since he didn't get a party last year (I got out of the hospital the day before his birthday) I wanted to make this a good one.

So first, they all came up with their Ninja names and received a headband.
 
Then they got to choose a Ninja star.
We had a Ninja star throwing contest (which was a lot harder than I thought it would be)


 Then it was off to the obstacle course!!  This was by far the favorite part.  First they had to cross the balance beam...

 
Go through the tunnel....
 
Then they had to fight their way through all the bad guys...


 

 

 













Then they had to make it through the "laser
beam" and touch the code...without touching the laser, of course.



 
 Rachel made a welcome sign...
 Then they had pizza and "nunchucks" (carrot sticks) for dinner.  And I think a new hole was blown in the ozone layer with how many burps we heard at this dinner. Wowza!


 I told them I wanted to get a picture of everyone together.....crazy kids.
 Give me your best Ninja move!!!



 Time for presents!!
 It was an awesome party.  Jump 2 more days to his actual birthday.....it was the same day as the school carnival so he said he'd open 3 presents before, then we went to the carnival which the kids loved, then we came home and he opened the rest.


 Josh is such a good gift getter because he always plays thoroughly with all of his gifts.
 We ended the night with cupcakes....

Josh said it was the "best day ever."  I think 7 is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment