Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation?

Isn't summer supposed to be a vacation?  Why is it so stinkin busy then?  So to spare you from the 80 million (yes I counted) pictures that we have here is a super-cut-down-overview of what we've been up to for the past few weeks.  

First, it started out with a family reunion at Bear Lake with the Schick's.  (The Maughan Bear Lake reunion is next week so be excited for that post too)  We had lots of fun just being together.  Here's a shot of the whole fam in our totally awesome tie-dye shirts.  We don't even have to say we're cool, you can just tell by looking at us.  I do have to say the group is getting bigger!  In numbers....numbers people, not size.
 If you can't tell from the last picture, the beach wasn't so beachy but Kate managed to drop her marshmallow in the sand all the same.  Extra protein right?
 And here's finally a decent picture of me with my dark hair not pulled into a pony tail.  That's a first.
 We glammed up our flip flops......
 And here's a shot of me and my sisters and mom.  Awwww cute....
 The day before we left on the reunion we went water skiing with a friend.  I love how Kate looks in the life jacket.
 And she brought me Joshy's superman costume and wanted to wear it.  So here's my super baby.
 
Okay, this next one is out ultimate big news......Rachel lost her first tooth!!!  Those of you that know me well probably know I have this "thing" with teeth.  It's a totally irrational phobia about losing my teeth, having them fall out, you name it.  For instance, in The Little Mermaid, you know the part at the end where Sebastian knocks out the chefs teeth with a big board?  Yeah, just thinking about that makes me want to throw up.  And The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss?  It has taken me years of reading that to be okay with that book.  Cast Away?  Don't even talk to me about ice skates.  I don't know why but it totally grosses me out.  

So Rachel's tooth got loose and I literally would have to go in the other room while Trav felt how loose it was.  Sick.  He tried to pull it out a couple of times with no victory.  So one day while he was at work Rach was eating a popcicle and said "mom, my tooth is bleeding"  I looked in there and it was laying down flat.  I about gagged but being the brave mother that I am I said "That thing needs to come out now."  So I pulled back my hair and my sleeves, grabbed a tissue, reached in, barely touched the tooth and it came right out.  

Rach was beyond excited as you can see from the picture.  Me.....I felt like I had just accomplished something huge.  I may get over this phobia yet.  There's still a lot of teeth in my kids mouth's that are going to have to come out.  It's going to be a long 10 years, but at least I know I can do it without throwing up. 
You can say it.....I am a rock star.
 This past week the Laurels in the ward offered free babysitting for 3 hours on Wednesday so we could have a date night (best laurel activity EVER) So Trav and I decided to go on a hike.  It has been years since we've gone on a good sweaty hard hike.  We hiked up Adam's canyon, had a picnic dinner, saw the gorgeous waterfall and had the best time ever.  It totally reminded me of the old days when we used to do fun stuff like that.  We even got pictures of ourselves!  That's a miracle in and of itself.


 And guess who we found when we were there?  Can you tell?
 The fourth of July was awesome.  Centerville breakfast, parade and carnival with my family.
 
Then we did something that we've never done before...we went to the Kaysville parade.  Since we live in Kaysville we thought we better go support.  It was absolutely INSANE!  Let me start by saying I love Kaysville.  It is where I want to raise my kids.  I've never met such a wonderful caliber of people but they do not know how to handle parades!  We got a front row seat as they blocked off a road and we were so excited knowing they throw candy and have a huge water fight at the end (which is fun, by the way) but as soon as the parade started, everyone that was sitting behind us stood up and stood in front of us for the entire parade.  Stood.  In front of us.  For the entire parade.  We could not see anything!  And when they'd throw out toys people would just walk along next to the float until they got what they wanted.  It was nuts.  The kids still had fun so I guess that's what counts.  They look a little tired in this picture don't you think?
 Then yesterday (I know insane right?) my dad invited us to his work party at Boondocks.  We got to try everything which was so much fun. Here's the bumper boats(Josh with grandpa and me and Rach behind them)
 
And the race track (Josh with grandma)
 Rach with grandpa.
  My favorite was the laser tag.  The kids even got to try that for the first time.  Josh actually did awesome and got like 7th place out of 12 people and was by far the youngest one there.  Everyone else was like 12 or older.  It was so fun. 

Now I have 2 days to rest and relax before the next big adventure at Bear Lake again.  I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment