Saturday, July 16, 2011

My soul

I totally forgot to mention one of the most significant things that happened on our beautiful hike up Adam's Canyon!  50 yards after we started our hike the devil jumped out, and challenged me to a fiddle-off.  Since I don't know how to play the fiddle I lost and he took my soul.  So I went the entire hike without my soul.  

Okay, maybe that's not exactly how it happened, but after 50 yards of the hike the sole of my shoe fell off, so technically I was soleless for the hike.  I hiked the entire time with no sole!  Of course if you know Trav the entire hike was full of soulless jokes.
 

I had left it in the bushes to pick up on our way back out and I'm happy to say that my soul was there waiting for me.  The devil didn't get it after all.

Oh and one more thing....Kate told her first knock knock joke last week.  Yeah, you heard me right.  Most kids can only say a couple words at her age (17 months).  She talks so well and jabbers up a storm.  Then totally unprovoked she told us a knock knock joke. It went like this
Kate:  "Knock Knock"
Me:  "Who's there?"
Kate:  "Knock knock"
Me:  "Knock knock who?"
Kate:  "Who who?"  and then she laughs
I think we may have a little comedian on our hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment