Monday, July 25, 2011

Bear Lake (again)

 Oh man how I love Bear Lake!  I was a horrible picture taker at this one though (stop cheering).  The water was like glass for most of the trip....probably some of the best wake boarding I've ever done and we didn't get ANY pictures of it.  Disgusting huh?  Guess we'll have to go back again.

Kate LOVED the sand and the water.  She would just start walking out into the water as deep as she could go and want to keep going.  If we'd try to turn her around to the shallow she'd throw a little (or not so little) fit.  She loved it!  We didn't get any pictures of that either.  Just imagine her up to her neck in water. That was Kate most of the time.
 Rach and Josh both loved the water and sand too, but they said their favorite part was playing with their cousins the whole time.  They were up until like midnight almost every night because they were having so much fun.
 We had a weird experience though.  While they were playing one day Rach came running up to me and said she got stung by a bee in her eye.  I couldn't see anythig wrong with it so I sent her off to play (yeah, I know).  A few minutes later she came back and her eye was completely swollen.  It just popped right out of there and was growing by the second.  I didn't know what to do because what do you put on an eye?  I asked my sister in law and she had heard that you should put a shiny penny on it and it will stop the swelling.  Well, we had nothing to lose so I stuck a shiny penny on it for about 3 minutes.  I pulled the penny off, the swelling was gone, she said it didn't hurt anymore, and after about 10 minutes you would have never guessed that she had been stung at all.  It was amazing!!!  So next time you get a bee sting (or a wasp) stick a shiny penny on it.  Watch the magic happen.

From this point on a little parental digression is advised.  When we were playing at the beach Josh told me he needed to go potty.  Beach=no pottys.  So I said "Josh, you'll just have to go in the lake."  I should have been a little more clear on what I meant.   This is what I saw just a few moments later......

 
We were all laughing so hard and so was the group of people right next to us.  Josh did his duty then came back to me and said so innocently, "Mom, why is everyone laughing?"  Let me tell you it was hard to keep a straight face.

One of the days we visited Old Ephraim's grave.  He is a bear as big as this rock that a guy killed back in the '20's.  Pretty amazing story.  Very big bear.
 
The view up there was amazing.  The song "The hills are alive....." just kept running through my head.
 Here's back at the beach again.  These are in no particular order apparently.

 Then the day we came home was the Bountiful 24th of July parade which we got to go see.  It pays off having a cop for a brother in law.  We get primo seating with police tape and everything.  These two look like a couple of troublemakers to me.  It's good we had an officer to keep an eye on them.
 Then another perk of having Gary as a brother in law is the fireworks!  He's the cop for Mueller Park Junior High which is where they have their big fireworks show.  So for the past 4-5 years we've been seeing the fireworks from the roof of the school.  It's a little scary getting up there.
 But once you're there the view is amazing.  Kate doesn't look to happy does she?  Once you've seen fireworks like this you just can't appreciate them from further away.  They are spectacular.  The only downside is the ash that falls on you sometimes.  It's all good, it won't kill you.  Rach hates this tradition, but I love it so we'll keep doing it as long as Gary will let us.
 
We actually got a family photo.  A miracle.  What a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment