Thursday, March 4, 2010

Summer babies

I realize now why my first 2 kids were born in the summertime..... You can actually leave the house. I know having a February baby will be fun in the years to come, but man, having a newborn in the winter is rough! I even have a new, big house to explore in, but I still have spring fever. After watching the weather the night before we decided to go on a walk yesterday. They said it would be 56 degrees so I figured we'd be okay. We got bundled up, loaded up in the stroller, got the trike out and off we went. After a few minutes on our journey the temperature really dropped. By the time we got to the furthest spot from our house (of course) it started to rain! Luckily it was just sprinkling but it was really cold and the kids wanted to get home. Kate slept through it all, but then decided to stay up all night crying. So maybe taking her on a walk in the rain wasn't the best idea. Another proud parenting moment by Emily.

2 comments:

  1. As all of mine are January babies, I know what you mean about getting stir crazy and not wanting to take your newborn out. The walk was a nice idea . . . I've gotten caught in the rain, too. It will get warm soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is filled with mishaps as a parent. To be honest, I think it's funny. We always have our best intentions, but life has a way of pointing its finger at us whilst laughing! :) Hang in there, it's supposed to be in the low 60's this week! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete