Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2 weeks and surviving

Well, Kate is officially 2 weeks old. Despite the fact that she thinks she needs to eat or be held 24 hours a day, we are surviving. I'm so lucky that Rach and Josh play so well together. They are just in their own little world most of the time and don't require me to entertain them hardly at all. Kate just loves to be held and is so sad when I put her down. I do have to shower once in a while....but she hasn't figured that out yet.

When we brought Kate home from the hospital we wanted to do something fun for Rach and Josh. So we put up a tent that grandma and grandpa had given them for Christmas and let them sleep in it like they were camping. Well, after 2 nights in the tent Josh said "Rachel's buggin me, I want my bed" So he's back in bed, but Rach is still in the tent and shows no sign of wanting to sleep in a bed again. Actually, yesterday she told me to give her bed away because she doesn't need it anymore. I don't think we'll go to that extreme yet, but I wonder how long this phase will last?

For those of you that were slackers and didn't go see the hospital pictures, this is the one that we bought. We only got one, even though we loved them all, but we do want to save for her college education too. Isn't that the cutest face?


Here's my little helper. I don't know....that look on his face? What is he up to?



Rach keeps putting her face right by Kate's and wanting me to take a picture. I think Kate actually looks a lot like Rach did when she was brand new. But I thought this was cute of my girls.


Yes, Rachel is officially a giant now. How does that happen when you bring a new baby home?




They were getting ready to leave for church on Sunday, and when you get these kids dressed up they start dancing, twirling, "getting married" (don't panic, that's just when they dance, but they do kiss once in a while too) It's cute now, but good blackmail pictures for when they're older too.



We have so many pictures of Josh eating something and it getting all over his face. I just had to throw this one in. He's an official chocolate addict. I wonder who he gets that from?




Kate definitely has dimples (of course) and I was trying so hard to get a picture of them, but it never works like you want it too. But she was wide awake and I thought they turned out cute. You can kind of see her fuzzy hair.





This is the outfit she wore on Valentine's day. Awwwww....cute! Yes the pants are too big, but everything is when you're only 6 lbs.



Well, I know I go a little nuts with tons of pictures, but I know my sisters at least appreciate them. Go team USA! I love the Olympics.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!! Thanks for letting us see your kids. Give 'em a big kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate them too! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everybody would rather look at photos than read, ryght, anyway you can tell Kate's a total Maughn! Soon, when we head up to Farmngton we were hopng to have Josh come do a play date for an hour or 2 we'll call soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i post lots of pics too so don't feel bad. it's your blog... do what you want! I LOVED the pic of your older kids kissing. they will totally die when they are older. what a little sweety kate is. i love the giant valenties pants! lincoln had that issue too.

    ReplyDelete