Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Bear Lake 2018

Bear Lake is one of my all time favorite places. We were so fortunate that Cindy and Ted invited us to their amazing cabin for the weekend. I went up early in the day with "the girls" to go to Raspberry days before the rest of my family came up. Raspberry days was fun and you gotta love La Beau's Raspberry shakes. Mmmmm....

 I realize I didn't take ANY pictures at the cabin! I need to be better at that because it really is an amazing place. But I didn't lack for pictures at the beach which is where we spent most of the time anyway.

There wasn't a lot of beach this year and North beach was totally packed but lucky for us, Cindy and Ted have their own private beach. We had to pass all the crazy traffic going to North beach. Trav risked our lives by going around everyone in the wrong lane. We got flipped off many times, a policeman flashed his lights at us but somehow we squeaked by without getting a ticket. I definitely don't like walking the wild side. It was WAY too stressful!!

But when we calmed our pulses and got to the beach it was magical.


 Miles of beach all to ourselves.....I"m pretty sure there will be a beach like this in my heaven.

 We did get some good boating time in too. I didn't get the best water the first day but it was still fun.



 Trav, on the other hand, got great water!

 Ride 'em cowboy!
 Oops


 We did have some cows wander along the beach. This is the year of the cows for us! First camping, now beaching.
 The boys had fun chasing them away though.
 Not only do I love the beach but my kids love it too. They all play so well together. We're usually the first ones there and the last ones to leave.
 Jonah liked chasing the cows too...






 Powdered doughnut lips...


 Jonah LOVES water. This beach was also amazing because it stayed shallow for a LONG way. So they could walk clear out and still touch. It was perfect, I tell ya!



 The gang.




 Oh hey! I was there too!
 We have been spoiled and I'll never want to go to a public beach again!












 Hey Josh!
 Much better!

 Ha ha! Will...




 Woot woo!
 The next day I got the most amazing water!! You can tell by the goofy smile on my face.


 Love it!! That's when you wake-board until you can't possibly hold on any longer...then you go a little more.


 Marcus got out there..
 Jonah loved being the flag boy.
 Kate wanted to try it!

 She looks a little nervous.
 She tried one time and got flipped over. She didn't want to try again. Ha ha!

 It's so hard to flip back around after that. I'm proud of her for trying though!


 Uncle Al got out there too.
 Then comes the master again.


 Josh wanted to try wakeboarding too!
 He was so close but didn't quite get up. The boat just pulls them right over. One of these times they'll get it.
 Cute flag boy...

 Rach's masterpiece...










 We didn't lack for snacks either.
 Hey Jonah, what's behind you?

 That's a little creepy.
 A boat trip just got in. Look how far away they had to park the boat because it was so shallow! Perfect for kids on the beach!!




 Jonah had a little meltdown at the end of day 2 so I took him to a  little island so everyone wouldn't have to hear him cry. Turns out he had so much sand in his diaper! oops...

 Poor little bum.
 We couldn't leave quite yet because there were some awesome waves that needed to be jumped in.

 Bear Lake....you're so good to us. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment