Saturday, September 8, 2018

Camping with the Maynes

One of our all-time favorite traditions is camping with the Maynes and this year did not disappoint. This is a major picture overload....so buckle your seatbelt!

Here's my boys hanging out in the hammock.


 Jack and Will were in their own little world most of the time
 He wasn't done hammock-ing yet

 This isn't going to end well.
 Kate was playing hide and seek with him for the longest time. She'd hide while he lounged in the hammock and he'd spot her. It was pretty cute.
 What do I hear rustling over in the bushes? A mountain lion? A bear?

 Ahhh! Cows!! We tried to chase them out of our camp and they ended up running into our neighbors camp which they were not too happy with. Oops.
 
Good morning!



 I just love these two girls. They have such a fun bond together. I'm glad they are besties and I hope it lasts forever.

 Today we went on a hike with the whole crew.
 Will was not doing so hot.
 Wow. Look at those dirty legs!


 Kate ran out of gas too. Until I started this game where they had to find things that looked like something else. That got them through the rest of the hike. I'll show you what I mean in a minute.
 Cute daddies hauling the kids.
 We went into an area where there had  been a fire a few years ago. It was actually pretty cool looking.
 So here's the game:
Rach found a toothbrush.
 I actually spotted this profile of a person but took Kate's picture with it.

 I think Will thought that stump looked like Groot.
 That tree is sticking out its tongue!
 She made it with a smile!
 Jonah got to run free for a minute.
 A cane...
 A bird nest...
 We both survived the hike!
 Then we knew we needed some time at the beach!






 Hours of just playing in the sand and water. This is the life!




 We had borrowed the Tenney's canoe so that was a fun new addition to our lake time.




 I just love this kid....



 Rach and Kelley had a blast together too. I'm glad Rach has a good "big sister"


 The last day I had to document our campsite a little. Here is the fort that was in between our two camps. The kids had fun telling ghost stories in there at night.
 Our first time using "the lodge"

 Can't forget the tie dye shirts!

 And a group picture!


 Someone carved Trav + Em in a tree. What a coincidence!

 Another thing we added this year was a marshmallow war. It was AWESOME! We went through like 8 bags of mini marshmallows.






 Jonah always walks around with his hands behind his back and it's so adorable. I wanted to remember it.



 This one reminds me of Bigfoot for some reason.
 Those cheeks!
 Notice the hands.










 Jonah was trying to put a rock in his shirt and it kept falling all the way through.


 How we love camping with the Maynes!


No comments:

Post a Comment