Sunday, May 24, 2015

May Days

My cute little nephew is a part of a group called Hope Kids who gets to go to all kinds of cool stuff for kids with major health problems. Jack was born with half a heart but you would never guess by looking at him. He's the healthiest half-heart kid I know! Anyway....to make a long story short....sometimes they can invite extended family to go to that cool stuff. So a couple weeks ago they invited us to go to the aquarium with Hope Kids, after it closes to the general public. We had a great time!
 Here's Josh and Jack with the super-cool big snake.

 The rope bridge is a fav.


 Will wanted to try it but panicked as soon as he got to the front of the line so I carried him across. It was a lot harder than it looked!

 We saw all kinds of cool fish and animals.
 These tough guys are showing off their Hope kids tattoos.



 And of course if anyone pulls bubbles out you're going to have an audience.
 Back at home things are totally normal....


 Yeah, this is normal.
 William has ALWAYS been a finger sucker. He never took a binky and has loved sucking on his pointer and middle finger on his right hand. That's just what he's loved. Well, a few weeks ago he got an "owie" on his pointer finger so he couldn't suck it anymore! It was very tragic. So.....to cope he started sucking his thumb. He got used to that but a week or so later he got an "owie" on his thumb! Poor kid can't catch a break. Now he has switched to none other than the pinky. The one least likely to get injured. I was trying to get a picture of him sucking his pinky  but he wouldn't move his blanky out of the way so it's kind of hard to see. What a cutie.
 We also celebrated Mother's Day. How I love this day! I was made a yummy breakfast, we were miraculously on time to church, I got a nap, some awesome gifts from the most awesome kids, and I even got a mother's day picture. Doesn't get better than that!
 My boys....
 My girls....
 They were all so cute and had made some stuff at school for me which I LOVED! (I have really bad posture, don't I?)
 But they also got me a few store-bought gifts too, to ease the mothering role. It was awesome.
 I'm pretty sure Rachel wins the award for mismatch day. What do you think?
 And I know you were all missing the duck that wanders around Kaysville. Have no fear! The duck is back in full force. She's busy building train tracks...

 She's busy building forts....

 
She even washes mirrors if you ask nicely....


 

How we love our little duck! 
Just as a side note....what brought the duck back was an invitation to a princess party. She said, "Mom, do I really have to dress as a princess or can I go as a duck?" I bet you can guess what she went as.

She did graduate from Pre-School too! Holy schmoley! I can't believe how big she's getting! Her program was very fun and she did amazing on her part!




 Grandma came to watch too.
 This is Kate's cute friend Zoey. Isn't she the cutest? Look at that dress! I'm glad Kate had such a good friend in school.
 And Miss Jolynn was an awesome teacher. Don't mind Kate in this picture...she's eating her 3rd graduation treat at this time.
We will soon have a Kindergartener on our hands folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment