Monday, April 6, 2015

March Madness

This year our stake put on the production The Lamb of God. I had never actually heard of it before but Rach and Josh said they wanted to be in it so I thought we'd give it a try. I thought it would be fun to do with the kids......a good bonding experience. So I went to the first rehearsal and instantly fell in love with the music. Never had I ever heard such beautiful, inspiring music about the Savior. Even after I found out the kids would only be singing 2 songs so it really wouldn't be good bonding time for us, there was no way I wasn't going to do it.  I was in the choir and this is the only picture Trav got of me on the big stage. Why so serious?
The kids were much cuter to look at, and they did have a good time despite not smiling at all.






They pretty much got to play and watch movies in the band room while they weren't on stage...which was most of the time.

My testimony and love for the Savior grew so much just by singing about Him. I absolutely loved it. We didn't get pictures of the 3 of us together with kids in costume, but we did get some at home. What an awesome experience this was!

Then we also celebrated Trav's birthday! We got everything ready and decorated the house while he was at work. Total bummer you still have to work on your birthday.

But when he got home we sent him on a treasure hunt to go find his presents. Too bad half the neighborhood (+the neighbors dog) were all there to help him.


After he found his gifts we sent everyone home so he could open them.


His last gift was at my parents house so we had to go there to get it....... A bike trailer for the kids to ride in! We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and yes, he had to sit on the birthday saddle.

Then the next day was St. Patrick's day. Here's our green dinner of green eggs, pancakes, green punch,and kiwi. Kate wasn't feeling to hot so she's got the barf bucket close by.

We don't even risk getting pinched at our house!
The kids helped daddy build a wall for the raspberry patch.






Gotta love the boots.


This is our backyard almost every day. I love it!
After all that work you gotta have a bubbly bubble bath!


He kind of reminds me of a crazy Capt'n Crunch, don't you think?
Our cute friends had a hot wheels race during Spring Break to help pass the time. What fun!
Will didn't care too much about the race but was happy it was at the park.






Rachel ended up winning 3rd place. She got a doughnut as a victory prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment