Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter-ness

I used to not really care for April Fools Day but I'm actually really loving it now that my kids are old enough to appreciate it. We don't do anything big or fancy but enough to ruffle some feathers.

It was funny  because that morning I heard Kate wake up and I could hear her walking around a bit before she came into my room. When she came in she said, "What day is this?" She knew something was up but didn't know it was a holiday.

This is what she saw.....some of the furniture mixed around.

 Toilet papered stairs....
 Toilet papered doors....
 Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

 
We also mixed the cereal boxes up with different cereals, put them on the book shelf and books in the cupboard, mixed up their carseats, had purple milk, and Trav took the door off the bathroom.

The kids attempt at getting me back was to lock me in the bathroom. I was IN the bathroom and this is what I came out too....I had sneak through it so I could take a picture.
 Little stinkers....
 
William loves to play in our mirrors and I think he's cute.

 Then for the tail-end of Spring break we went up to the cabin. How we love the cabin!
 Well....most of us love the cabin.....
 There was a little bit of snow up there but we didn't bring any snow stuff. The kids didn't seem to mind and played in it anyway.
 50% were having a good time. Can you guess who was not?



 The first night it was just me and the kids. But the second day my sister, Aimee, came up with her kids, my mom and dad, and Trav all made it.




 William was trying out his mad snowboarding skills.


 We attempted to listen to conference. The kids were so good at coloring their packets and playing bingo.

 It was kind of hard to listen with all the commotion going on and this happening......


 We had a really good time at the cabin though. We rushed home in time for Trav to go to Priesthood meeting, the kids and I cleaned up and dyed eggs....just in the nick of time for Easter.

 "Don't you love my beautiful hair?"
 Here's their favorite eggs they decorated.

 Cheeseball.

 Early Sunday morning we woke up and the Easter bunny had struck!




 It was a mad dash to find all the eggs.



 Rachel totally biffed it and her basket went flying. She was ticked but it was kind of funny. She only had one casualty of an egg of jellybeans. She put the jellybeans on that little wall because she couldn't possibly eat them now.


 "Hmmmm....what do we have here? Jellybeans?"
 Finders keepers!


 I like the sorting and trading of loot.




 These next few pictures I call "The demise of a Peep"



 He was not happy when we pried his basket from his sticky little hands and put it away.

 We then listened to Conference, which was amazing as usual. Between sessions we knew we needed to work some sugar off so to the Pond's we went!


 Will always requests for "Hood on"







 You can't walk past a park and not stop to play.







What a perfectly lovely Easter day! We topped it off with a yummy turkey dinner that nobody ate because they were all too full of candy, and a visit with Grandma Maughan with Easter Bingo. Easter-licious!

No comments:

Post a Comment