Saturday, May 11, 2013

3 weeks

Has it really only been three weeks since this little man made an appearance in our lives? It's hard to imagine life without him now.  Funny how that happens with having new kids.....
 
  
Well, to say the least it's been an eventful 3 weeks.  A little over a week after I had him I was getting some serious pains in my abdomen.  I just chalked it up to "overdoing it" the day before, which I had done.  Then as the days went by and the pain was getting worse I wondered if it was something more.  When the fever and chills set in and I almost passed out twice while getting the kids breakfast I knew something just wasn't right.  So I called the doctor and went in for a check up.  After checking me out she said..."Go home, pack your bags and come check yourself into the hospital."  What?!?  I thought I was going to go down in history of having the best recovery ever.  Because up until that point I had.  Turns out I had a uterine infection.  Let me just say that those are not fun.  Imagine yourself in labor....the painful contraction part of labor.....and never having those contractions end.....for 4 days.  That's kind of the best way to describe it.  Ouch!

So I had to spend 2 nights in the hospital with IV antibiotics being pumped into my system.  I was also on Oxycontin which made me have some really funky dreams.  I don't understand why people actually WANT to feel like that.  So weird....  Luckily Will was able to stay in the hospital with me because my mom was able to stay in there with us.  Trav worked from home and took care of everything at the home front.  A lot of schedules needed to be juggled but we somehow made it work and now I'm home trying to figure out what to do with 4 kids!  But I'm feeling SOOOO much better...not perfect because yes, I did just have a baby and a really bad infection but when I think of where I was 8 days ago, it's like 110% improvement.  Really, all I had to go was up....

Oh, but to be with this little man!  He just melts my heart!  He's got the cutest, biggest dimples and I caught one in a picture.....

 Going in for the sneeze.....
 We also had our very first outing for Sunday dinner and grandma and grandpa's house.  Nothing better than ice cream on the swings....
 And a little monkeying around....
I not only feel so grateful for all the amazing people that have helped us out the past 3 weeks because we have needed a lot of extra help!  But I am so in love with this new baby boy!  I know all mom's are totally biased that they have the best kids, but I am completely serious when I say he is the best baby ever!  He sleeps and eats so well, and when he's awake he just looks  around and soaks it all up.  He hardly ever cries and when he does it's only because we're changing him, bathing him, or he needs to poop and it's this quiet little cry.  So so sweet. 

I am such a lucky mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment