Monday, April 8, 2013

The calm before the storm....

I guess since we're about to have a baby and I think there's a possibility I'd like to blog about that, I better show you everything else we've been up to lately.  So here is a brief overview of what's been going on at the Maughan house.  First we'll start off with Easter....


 
We wanted to do a nice family picture in our church clothes after church (we have 9:00 church, not going to happen before).  We had decided to walk to church that day because it was so nice.  Since we walked there we had to walk home too (naturally) but the kids are speedy, and me being 9 months prego....not so speedy.  So by the time Trav and I trickle home the kids are already home, and changed into holey knee pants (it is the Sabbath...).  So Trav and I decided to take a picture of ourselves.  Vain? Maybe, but at least some of us get a good Easter picture.
 We were able to get an Easter Egg hunt in before church.  Kate's going through the loot.



 Then we had April Fool's day.  It's good I have Trav besides the whole "living together for eternity" thing and exaltation, he is certainly more creative than I am.  The kids would have been disappointed if mommy was the only one left to be clever.  This is what daddy came up with...Me?  I forgot it was April Fool's day....
 Oh, here's our little Easter duck.   These aren't really in order.
 We (by "we" I mean Trav and the kids) also got around to planting the garden.  This girl is getting ready...
 Very fashionable, and totally ready to garden....

 After gardening they needed a bath to "wash up"  They look dirtier in the tub don't you think?


 We also had a game of Easter Egg baseball with Josh's new carrot bat.  Very fitting.

 

And here's just some cute pictures of the kids.  Can I say I really love our new camera?


 Kate thinks that if you close one eye you are a pirate.  She's still working on it....but does look very pirately don't you think?
 Speed racer....
 Learning how to build a fire with dad....

 Swinging is this girls absolute favorite thing to do.  If anyone is ever in need of pushing someone on a swing...please come over.  I'm getting so tired and she never wants to quit.


 This is what happens when it's not her turn...oh how we love drama!
 Hey ladies!

 This past week was spring break.  I thought it would be fun to go to Wheeler Farm. The weather had been gorgeous the day before so I just figured it would be again.  I should watch the news more often.  It was freezing cold, windy, rainy and I didn't bring any jackets.  Rach ended up wearing her 1 year old cousin, Tyler's, coat because he refused to wear it.
 I didn't want to drive all the way out there for nothing, so we ran through the farm as fast as possible and stayed in the barn a bit.  We did get to play at my sister's house after, so the day wasn't a total bust.

 And yesterday we had General Conference.  Conference bingo with Legos, and naps.  It's all good ( as Pete the Cat would say)
Now we have 9 days to get ready for this bambino.  I can't believe we'll have 4 kids!  That's so crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment