Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wrapping up summer

I meant to update the blog on Sunday but didn't and now I'm really wishing I would have.  A LOT has happened in the past 3 days so this is going to feel a little like catch-up but we'll see how it goes.  

First things first....Mr.Josh started pre-school!  He was SO ready and excited and it is the cutest pre-school ever (our bishop's wife is the teacher).  Our house is eerily quiet now with only Kate and I at home for a few hours a week.
 But for the rest of the time these two buddies are like 2 peas in a pod.
 This one was getting ready for a bath......seriously, don't ask......
 And pretty much every single night this whole summer (and spring and fall) we end the night by riding bikes and playing with the next door neighbor.
 
A few days ago I came in and found Kate sitting on my chair with a blankey and binkey and a pile of books on her lap.  She got all situated by herself but of course as soon as I pulled the camera out she had to pose.
 We also went to the zoo.  Why are all those monkey's sitting on a rhinoceros?
 Rach spent most of the time trying to read the map and find out where we were.

 
And am I the only one whose kids favorite part of the zoo is the playground? 
 Trav has been working on building a play house for the kids.  He promised one last year and has been having fun designing it and now is in the beginning stages of building it.  I honestly don't know what it's going to turn out like but I know it will be cool!

He did have a few helpers......(I know what you're thinking.....)

 Then, this past Monday we took the kids mini golfing for family night.  This is the first time we've taken them.  It was actually a ton of fun and they did really well.
 
Kate even got into it.
 Most of the holes are still the same from when I was a kid (at Cherry Hill)  Way fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment