Friday, September 30, 2011

books and balloons

So Kate is the biggest bookworm that I've ever seen in a one year old.  If I can't find her sometime during the day, 90% of the time she has found herself a stack of books and can't get enough of them.  Here are some pictures that were each taken on a different day to prove my point.

 
This is usually how her room looks before we put her to bed.  I like the clear spot where a little bum can sit
 She has a stash in mommy's room too.
 And whenever I sneak up behind her and take her picture like this she yells "No!  I don't like it!" 
But other times she loves posing for the camera.  This is Josh's new muscle man costume which Kate really loves to wear.  Look how buff she is!  She must get that from me
.
 These two are so cute.  This is after church a couple weeks ago.  He's such a good big brother.
 And this morning around a little after 8:00 my neighbor called and said there was a balloon at the park that hadn't taken off yet so to run out and see it.  About twice a year some hot air balloons will take off from the park across the street from us.  I don't know why and we never know about it and I'm always complaining that I want to see it so I'm glad she called.  I grabbed the kids and ran outside and looked over at the park and see nothing.  What the...?  So I start searching the sky....nothing.  Then I turn around and hovering like 20 feet above my house is a gigantic hot air balloon!  It was so awesome! I have to admit I was hoping they'd put a little more fire in that thing it was so low!  But by the time I ran in and grabbed my camera it was at a much more safe distance from the house.  What a way to start the day!

 Then a couple weeks ago we went to Red Butte (no butt) Garden for family night.  Talk about gorgeous.  It was the perfect night and I didn't realize how much my kids would love it just being a big garden.  They were begging to stay longer (it was closing) and begging to go back the next day.  It was great.

 Notice the sling really doesn't slow this girl down. She's still so active it will be a miracle if the collar bone actually heals.




When we first got there and walked out the doors to get to the garden a tiny snake slithered in the doors.  It made me jump (aka scared the living daylights out of me) so we went and told someone at the front desk.  They came to see and it was a baby rattlesnake so they had to keep an eye on it.  Thank goodness it didn't strike.  My kids and hubby all walked inches away from it and didn't see it.  Going there wants me to be a better gardener.  I do have to admit we have corn and pumpkins growing in out garden now, but someday people will be talking about Maughan Butt Garden.  Yeah, you read that right.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Em, I cannot believe it's been that long since I've see your kids. They are all beautiful. How come you and Travis look so grown up? When did we grow up into parents? Kind of strange. You guys look great, and happy. I'm sorry Rachel broke her collar bone, hope it's better but it is awesome it was in soccer. Funny the things we are proud of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the piles of books on the floor! What a cutie. I don't think I've been to Red Butte Gardens since I was a kid. What a fun family activity! I can't believe how big Kate is getting!

    ReplyDelete