Tuesday, January 18, 2011

9 Years!!!!

On a frigid January 18th morning 9 years ago today I married my best friend.  Today is our 9 year anniversary!  (Yes I was still a teenager at the time so no, I don't have a coat on)
Here's some of the things that have happened over the past 9 years:
   -We've lived in 5 different places, including 2 homes
   -We were actually "homeless" for 2 months
   -We've owned 5 different cars
   -We've gone on some amazing trips including:  Paris (yes the one in France), Lake Tahoe,
     Yellowstone 3 times, a Carribbean cruise, Bear Lake many many times, Antelope Island, Las Vegas,   Jackson Hole, and  lots of camping trips (including many in the back yard) and hiked to the top of King's Peak
   -2 college degrees (a master's in architecture and bachelor's in health education)
   -3 absolutley adorabe and crazy kids
    -our fair share of sadness, disappointment and setbacks
   -lots and lots of laughter
   -only 2 trips to the emergency room
   -2 pairs of baby glasses
   -Too many bonfires to count
   -One softball imprint on my head
   -lots and lots of hard work but lots and lots of happiness

It's been an amazing road so far. 9 years seems like a long time but I can't remember what my life was like without Trav in it.  I'm definitley a better person now than I was before him.

On to some other things.....so our camera "broke" a little under a year ago.  It wouldn't work and we were very sad so we purchased another camera, pretty good but not the dream camera we would like.  Well, yesterday Trav pulled out the old broken camera (which the kids have been using as a toy for the past 9 months) and took some pictures of the amazing sunset.  I don't know, doesn't seem broken to me!  Maybe the kids fixed it.

 And doesn't he look like a little deacon?  He looks so grown up.

 And this is what you get when it's Sunday afternoon and mom and dad try to take a nap while the kids innocently play unsupervised.
 Am I the only one in the world whose kids don't have pants without holes in the knees?  We finally had to go on a shopping spree becuase it was getting ridulous.

 And here's our engagement picture to leave you with. We were so young.  Thanks for the best 9 years ever honey!  I love you So Much! (Hey that's not my name!)

2 comments:

  1. Cute engagement pic. Wish you had the softball imprint pic on here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You look as young and fresh as you did 9 years ago.

    We need a play date.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete