Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthdays, Bissels and MRI's

Okay, so we've had a few things happen lately. First of all, Kate had her MRI last week. It went well. It was hard not letting her eat for 4 hours before going in (how can you deny babies food when their tummies are rumbling?) I think it was a lot harder on me than on her. They had to give her an IV and then sedate her. The MRI itself lasted about an hour. She was a rockstar and did great. They said everything looks like they had hoped....it's just a capillary hemangioma which is definitely managable, but the rocky road isn't over yet. It's still just starting. But everything looks good and we'll just have to keep a watch on it in the years to come.

Kate wanted to show you her owie from the IV. They were so nice to give us a book and a blankie for being so brave.

Next news.....Josh turned 3! I can't believe my little boy is 3. Seriously, where does the time go? For his birthday we took the kids to the Dinosaur Park in Odgen. I've never been there before. It was very cool (although pretty pricy). We had fun feeding the kids to the dinosaurs and they thought it was so cool.

After digging for fossils they had a little sand in their shoes.

The best present of all was a new trike! We were so excited for the find. Unfortunately, his legs still don't reach the pedals.

At least it's not going to waste in the meantime....


And for Josh's birthday cake he wanted a "moon cake." He saw a picture of one in a party book we have at our house. I know you may not be impressed, but Josh was happy and I am not one to do fancy cakes so I'm impressed. It was complete with a space policeman and an alien. Can it get any better than that?


An Ode to my new Bissel Healthy Home:
Thank you for not sucking because you suck.
Our Eureka Boss sucked because it didn't suck.
I love you Bissel.


And one last one for the road....

No comments:

Post a Comment