Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthdays and Blessings

Okay, we've had a very fun and busy couple of weeks. It started out with doing lots of yard work. Trav cut out tons of trees and so we decided to build a fire to burn some of the sticks. Of course if you have a fire in your backyard you have to have a dinner of hotdogs and s'mores too. Apparently the kids thought the fire was too hot because they requested sticks that were like 4 feet long. Daddy ended up cooking all the hot dogs anyway, but I thought it was cute. If anyone ever has a hankering (is that really how you spell it?) for a bonfire, let me know. We have lots of stumps that we need to burn so we'll be having lots of them this summer.

This is a typical morning at our house. I'll come out of our room and Josh will be sitting in the sun doing puzzles. He loves puzzles, and I love that he loves puzzles.

While one is puzzling the other is on her way to fame. A movie star in the making.

Here's our cute little Kate. Can you believe that this shirt was mine when I was little? That's an old shirt!

This is one of Kate in her little Sunday dress today. I have the hardest time getting really cute pictures of her. She is so stinkin' cute but she's always looking away and the clothes are always bunched up wierd. O-well we'll take what we can get.

This is my little family totem pole. Awwww cute!

We blessed our cute little Kate on April 11th. Again, didn't get a spectacular picture of her, but she looked so beautiful in her little dress. (okay the dress isn't so little, it's like 3 times her size in length) What a cutie.

And here we go....... I am officially in my late 20's! That is so scary. I had my birthday and turned the ripe old age of 28! I had a great birthday though. Instead of a birthday cake this year Trav got me a dozen doughnuts from Krispie Cream. Oh my goodness they were good. (I use that in the past tense because they were gone within 2 days....yeah, you can do the math on that one....no I didn't eat them all by myself)

I went back to work yesterday for the first time since Kate was born. It was so fun to be back with all my friends there and we definitely need the moola. Gotta say though, I don't miss prom season at the Roof. It's insane.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of all the fun you are going to have in your backyard this summer! What great memories you'll be making. And way to go Trav on the doughnuts...way better than a cake, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete