Sunday, February 11, 2018

The mouse hunt

The day after Christmas we headed up to the cabin with the whole Schick clan. We completely forgot to bring our camera so between Trav's phone and my sister, we were able to snag a few pictures up there. 

As usual, it was cozy, crowded, but so much fun! There was fortunately enough snow to sled on so that's what the kids did most of the time.



 Even Jonah got suited up to sled!


 He actually really loved it and we went down a million times. I just wish he would have left his gloves on!
 Bethany and I shoveled the deck and made a throne.
 
Of course the king had to sit on it.
 The first night there was a mouse running around the cabin. My dad caught it and threw it off the deck. Then the second night there were more mice running around. This is when I really wish I would've had my camera. It was the funniest thing in the world watching these mice run circles around Trav, Josh and my dad who were all trying to catch them. (with oven mitts) One even ran right through my dads legs. Ha ha!
I was just being cautious....
 They ended up catching 1 more and threw it off the deck too. We were expecting to see little  mouse imprints, spread eagle, in the snow the next day but we couldn't find any. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

The kids all get along so well which makes this time at the cabin even better.



 Jonah was helping uncle Todd play a song...
 And Jon and Bethany got Trav good. Ha ha!





 We had a white elephant gift exchange which is always fun. Even though the picture doesn't show it, Rach was thrilled with her new pillow.
 After the cabin we had to recuperate from the mice excitement. So we came home, played with our Christmas stuff then had a New Years Eve party! This year we did it at our house and we invited the Maynes and Patanes. It was really fun. The kids all played their hearts out. We ate tons of junk food. We played a really funny game called Curses. And when midnight rolled around we ran outside and made LOTS of noise. Jeff even brought his train horn that I'm sure woke the entire neighborhood. We did manage to get a few pictures after midnight of our fun friends. I really love these people and wouldn't want to spend New Years with anyone else.











Happy 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment