Friday, November 3, 2017

Cedar City

For fall break this year we took a short little trip to Cedar City. Trav's firm was invited to go tour the new temple down there before the general public so we thought we'd make a little trip out of it. On the way down there we stopped at Cove Fort.

 Jonah did not think the rooms were very interesting. He just wanted to run around and play outside in the courtyard. I kinda wish I had a courtyard at our house. A place to contain him.





 Unfortunately  while we were there a storm rolled in. It was FREEZING and started snowing! What the?!? So we rushed through and back into the van. We were all kind of bummed and wanted to stay longer and see more. I guess we'll have to go back another time.
 Even though it was cold it was beautiful!

 We swam, went out to dinner, let our brains rot from watching t.v. Then on Saturday we woke up, ate breakfast, checked out of the hotel and went through the temple. It was beautiful! My favorite moment of the whole trip was this: I prepped the kids ahead of time to focus on how they feel as we are in the temple, and especially the Celestial Room. The tour was great but when we walked into the Celestial room I said "Now how do you feel?" They all said really good and they could feel the Holy Ghost. Kate just had this look of amazement on her face and said "I feel the Holy Ghost SO strong! It's like Jesus is right here in the room with us!" She couldn't stop talking about it. That right there made the whole trip worth it.

We decided to take the scenic route home and drive through Cedar Breaks. Again...it was beautiful but COLD! We didn't end up doing the hike we originally planned on because we were all freezing.








 I really love these pictures with the shadows. I think they are so cool! And I didn't even plan it.













Thanks Cedar City, you were good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment