Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Fever and April Fool's!

I just have a lot of random pictures that I keep waiting to put on an inspirational post, but nothing's coming to mind so here we go.  I'm  just posting them un-inspired and all.  To start us off here is the super duper bubbly bath the kids had.


 Will is looking at them like, "What kind of family was I born into again?"
 But this boy absolutely adores his big sister.  She can ALWAYS get him to smile and laugh and he now will reach for her for her to pick him up.  It's so cute.  I'm a little sad that he likes other people now besides just me.
During "spring" break (which weather-wise was a little more like Christmas break) we made a trip up to Wheeler Farm with some friends.  It was a much needed outing and so much fun.  Even when the geese got a little too friendly...we survived.

 Josh was very insistent on wearing his "cowboy clothes." What a handsome stud.


 I know what you're all thinking....."it's amazing how Emily captures her kids in the most natural poses.  It's like they're not even posing."  Yep, this is what they look like when they just play.

.


 Here's a bunch of pictures I took off of my phone.  Kate was "naturally playing" in our backyard.


 Gotta love static cling....
 And as for a SUPER cool thing that happened....Rachel and I got to go to Women's conference together in the conference center!  This is the first time ever they've let 8 year olds go and my friend called us with 2 extra tickets to go with them.  So me and my 8 year old went with our buddies out to dinner then to the conference center. It was awesome. My all-time favorite part was when they had all the girls ages 8-11 stand up and sing "Teach me to Walk in the LIght."  It was so cool seeing all those sweet young girls there.

I think Rach liked it.  It was funny because after it was over my friend, Christa and her daughters were like "That went by really fast." And Rachel the whole time was like "This is taking for-ev-er!"  I also noticed A LOT of little girls taking potty breaks during it.  I think that happened a lot more than it has in the past.  But it was so special.  I absolutely loved it.  And ending the night with Baskin Robbins ice cream didn't hurt either.
 Here's the whole gang....
 This little beauty of a picture was taking on 4-4-14 at 4:44pm.  Yep, Laura and I got together for our "4 holiday" where we met at a park and went down a slide at 4:44pm.  I think we went down a minute late though because this year I wanted to get a picture of us at 4:44pm.  This tradition's been going on for 14 years now.  Let's keep it going Lar!  Buddies 4 ever!
 Oh, this is a little out of order.  We actually had so much fun on April Fool's day this year.  More so than we have in a while.  First of all, Trav and I woke up to this.....Rachel woke up in the middle of the night and toilet papered our bedroom!  Little stinker...
 We walked into the kitchen to find this....the couch turned the wrong way and chairs in the wrong places.
 The cereal was in the wrong boxes (to Josh's dismay when he was going to peanut butter crunch) and orange milk....while you wouldn't think the taste would change by putting food coloring in it, but for some reason orange milk just isn't as good.
 I also switched the kids clothes in their closets and switched their beds.  Rach didn't think that was funny at all.  I thought it was hilarious! It was such a fun day which also ended with toothpaste oreos. Mmmmmm....and they ALL fell for that one!  Ha ha!

Here's Mr. Handsome that FINALLY started to crawl one day shy of turning 11 months old.  Now he crawls everywhere and is so dang cute!
 He's good at getting into trouble now too.
 And one last one for the road...conference weekend.  I just LOVE conference!  Now that the kids are getting a little bigger its so much better.  We play games, have conference concessions and actually get to listen.  William even conveniently napped during most of it!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment