Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kate-isms

To say the very least...there is never a dull moment when Kate is around.  She is a little firecracker that knows how to take charge and is way too smart for anyone's good.  But man, she is the cutest little thing you'll ever lay eyes on when she's in a good mood.  This little girl finally got her "big girl bed."  She is very proud of it and now everything has to be big (forks, drinks, car seats, whatever...) because she's not a baby anymore.

 
After her first night of being in the big girl bed she tip-toed into out bedroom the next morning and said "Surprise!"  She was so pleased.  Typically in the mornings she would yell as loud as she could from her crib "I want to get out!  Hurry Mom!"  over and over until I came.  It's a nice change.
 Problem is, it gets a little full when everyone's in it.  This girl has always been a little obsessed with books.  Okay, when I say a little I actually mean a lot.  Last week she was supposed to be napping and I kept hearing "bang bang bang!" coming from her room like something was hitting the wall.  Rach and I went in to investigate to find about 40 books piled high on her bed, falling over and hitting the wall.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  Some kids have blankets, or stuffed animals they can't sleep without.  She has to have a pile of books.
 We were happy for the big snow storm that came.  I guess we can finally admit that winter is coming.  I guess there are some good things about winter, they're just hard to find sometimes.  We spent the morning sledding.

 My favorite was when they decided to go down "penguin style" with no sled.  It looked so funny.  Rach would shoot down a hundred miles an hour. 


 I remember hearing when I was pregnant with Rachel that you should have a place to write down all of the funny things your kids say because you won't want to forget them.  So I've been doing that and keeping journals for all my kids.  Well, with Kate I'm having a hard time because pretty much everything that comes out of her mouth should be written in that book.  When the vocabulary of a grown up comes out of a 2 year old bodies mouth, of course it sounds funny.  And she's so reasonable too.  She uses big words (like "actually") correctly.

Yesterday we had the kids SEP's at the school to meet with their teachers and have them tell me how awesome they are.  I already knew all that.  When we were talking to Josh's teacher, Mrs. Perry, Kate interrupts and says, "Mrs. Perry!  Guess what?  I know how to spell muffin.  A-O-J-S."  Mrs.Perry was impressed and asked how old she was.  "I'm 2 but my birthday is in February.  I'm going to have a birthday cake.  Right now it's my dad's birthday but I'll be in February.  I know how to spell 'covered' too!  S-A-J-O."  This continued on throughout the whole meeting and Mrs. Perry thought Kate should jump right in to 5th grade.  She'd show those 5th graders a thing or two.  Then as were were walking out the door she said, "Mrs. Perry, the other day I said "Gosh!"" (but imagine it Napoleon Dynamite style)  Well, we were all laughing so hard, including the people next in line.

But what can you do when all that comes out of this little face?  Oh how I love that girl!
 Even though she's silly you'd better watch out.  Because nobody messes with this boy's little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment