Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy bees

We've been a little busy here at our house the past couple weeks.  It's funny because I was talking to Trav the other day about stay at home moms being busy.  I hope I don't get any hate mail for this comment I'm about to leave but we really aren't "busy."  At least I'm not.  I hear people say I never have time to read, or I'm too busy I can't have a playgroup (maybe they're just trying to give me a subtle hint), or I just have too much going on I can't find any time for myself. Okay, I do have days where I feel that, but it definitely isn't every day.  My kids are still little and aren't involved in a ton of stuff yet.  Yes I have to get them to and from school and brain stimulation is really good so we play and try not to sit in front of the t.v. all day.  I do have a clean house but I clean one day a week.  I have to grocery shop but that's only a couple hours on one day.  I do have a calling that requires me to plan and prepare every week but that doesn't take me all day.  I do work one night a week too.  My kids are happy, healthy, my house is clean and I do cook dinner every night  but I still have time to read and yes, watch shows once in a while....(Downton Abbey anyone?)  Am I the only that feels like this?  My busy days are days when we choose to go out and do stuff but it's not like I HAVE to.  It's a choice.  I know I'm not more organized than everyone (or even anyone) so I'm just curious....why is everyone so stinkin' busy?  Yes I have time to update my blog too....imagine that.  I hope this doesn't make anyone mad but if I'm missing something that I'm supposed to be doing to keep more busy please let me know.  (Oh, and just as a disclaimer, I'm not looking to be more busy. I like my non-busy balanced life)

Okay, now onto the business......we've been busily brushing our teeth....
 And losing them....
 Growing bigger by the day,
 Putting our toys away,
 Gettin' older....
 
We got a new dog...
 or two.
 Or was it a Leprechaun and a dog?
 Oh, it was a dog Leprechaun!
 
Some of us are really scary...
We've been workin  in the garden,
 Building giant towers,
  And visiting the Hill Air Force Museum.
 
We've been swimming at the Bountiful Rec Center,

 And to the Tracy Aviary,
 With lots of buddies...
 We went to the park for a picnic and to play,

 And don't forget the swings.
This was all in the past 2 weeks.  Yep, we've been busy, but I think I'll go curl up and read a good book now.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy these times! Before you know it you will wish for a quiet night at home instead of trying to find someplace to go. Keep being the awesome mom that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so here is my opinion since you openly asked... I think people like to say they are busy because it makes them feel important (let the insults roll). I actually don't care to be busy because when something fun comes up (our Downton Abbey party), I am available to participate. I do believe there are busy people, especially those who have kids in all grades and are volunteering in the schools. Also those who drive their kids to their after school projects. And then there are those who work. Sometimes I think people are busy to avoid the quiet times in their life. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em
    I agree every bit. I used to be SOOOO busy when we lived in Utah. Yes I was working as a nurse one day a week, and taught violin for four hours one day a week. But why was I SOOOO busy all of the other days? I truly believe that we feel important if we are busy. But I've come to realize I value myself and my family so much more now because I am busy spending quality time with my family. We are always doing something fun wether it's playing at the park, having a pillow fight, or digging in the sand. And if we are busy in these moments I think we truly will find joy in the moments by ourselves like curling up and reading that perfect book, or going on a solo run. When I move back to Utah someday can we try to be more "busy" together :) I like your kind of busy.
    On a side note: (I hope you take this as a compliment.) Ryan and I were watching a late night The Office rerun and I was shocked at how much "Pam" reminded me of you. All of her mannerisms kept having "Emily" written all over it. It made me laugh pretty hard. I know it's been a LONG time since we spent quality time together but I think we can last on all the great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heath, I like my kind of busy too and I'd love to have busy days with you too when you're back..... Me and Pam? Never thought of it but I do love her snarky sense of humor. Thanks! At least you didn't think I was like Dwight!

      Delete
  4. So true! You're only as busy as you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to play the antagonist here because I would like my life to be less busy, so live it up. You are very blessed to have a "regular" schedule. And you must be a naturally good time organizer or your time wouldn't work so well for you. I look forward to the day I won't have to work 10 hours a week and support a husband in a 60+ hour school week. Of course, I am never too busy it seems to "waste" my time on the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete