Tuesday, February 28, 2012

For me....

So the title of this post is all for me.  I know you may think I'm being selfish but I realize that I doubt anyone ever even reads this thing anymore because honestly....who is actually THAT interested in my life.  Okay, maybe my mom and sisters....but anyways....Sometimes I don't feel like I should post about anything because I really don't have a lot to say, but last week I was looking back on all the posts that I've done from the beginning and it was so fun reading them!  I had such a good time reminiscing and was so glad that I did post things even though we aren't traveling or doing anything exciting. I just like to remember.  So even if I'm the only one that ever reads this blog I'm doing it for me and yes, the posts are going to keep coming.

Anywho....on to the exciting life that I lead...I am not a decorator. I have never claimed to be a good decorator but I do appreciate a well decorated house. I just don't "see it" if it's not already done and laid out for me.  Well we bought this house that has ridiculously high ceilings which means lots of wall space (blah!)  That means space I have to decorate.  I'm such a cheapskate that I never want to waste money on something that's not useful.  So this has been our bedroom for the past 2 years.  A gigantic wall and a tiny little picture frame on it.  I know.....eat your heart out Martha Stewart.... 
 So I saw an idea on pinterest how to decorate for cheap. Score!  So this is what our room looks like now....
 It was done with scrapbook paper and foam board so it hardly cost me anything.  And folks, the wall doesn't seem so gigantic anymore.  Don't look to closely...I'm kind of an "eyeball it" kind of girl where my architect husband has to measure everything exactly.  He cringes that they don't line up perfectly.  I'll fix it....someday.

Then last week we went to the U of U women's gymnastics meet against Stanford.  It was so much fun.  They were amazing (I seriously don't know how they do that stuff) and the kids had a blast.  We were like 5 rows from the top...so upper nosebleed=bad pictures.  The kids hardly even blinked.
 Gotta love the boots...
 But whenever a song would come on they would all stand up and dance dance dance.  My favorite was when Josh was dancing his heart out to "All the single ladies"  by Beyonce.
 Then we come to this nut.    A couple days ago I was getting out of the shower and she was yelling through the door (as they always do) she kept saying she wanted a carrot.  Okay, if you know my kids you know they NEVER ask for vegetables.  Their lives could depend on eating one bite of a vegetable and they would rather die.  So I asked Kate why she wanted a carrot and she said she needed it to see in the dark.  I don't know if this is actually true but my grandpa always used to say that if we ate carrots we could see in the dark.  This sounds good so I've been telling my kids the same thing.  Apparently she listened!!!  So she said, "Mommy I need a carrot for the dark."  She and Josh were playing in the closet and apparently couldn't see too well.  I gave her a carrot, she took a couple bites and they went back in the closet.  Maybe it worked? She didn't complain again.

3 comments:

  1. I love the wall! Very crafty! I'm so with you on the decorating! Mom must be very disappointed with us. I love to read your posts. Keep them coming, I will read.

    And we would love for you to come stay sometime. Let's make a plan someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ready your blog, am I now considered a close family member? Way to utilize Pinterest and do something chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you still post. I know I am not great at keeping up to date, but I think it is great! You are a true inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete