Thursday, January 26, 2012

10 Years!

That's right.  Trav and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary.  Holy cow.  That makes me feel so old!  I guess I better get used to it since I'm so close to turning 30 I barely dare to tell people I'm still in my 20's.  3 more months......I still have 3 more months......

Anyway, even though we would have loved to go on some exotic trip for this awesome anniversary we decided to get crazy exotic.  The day-of was actually nothing too special.  Normal day.... Trav had scouts that night so we didn't even go out or anything but Trav did get serenaded by the most amazing lip sync ever from his totally awesome family. (Just imagine Em as the singer, Rach playing the keyboard, Josh on the ukelele, Kate as the back up dancer.....to a Chicago song.  I know!) We should have taken pictures but of course I didn't think about it.  Then over the weekend we dropped the kids off at their cousins house and headed off to exotic lava hot springs.  We stayed in this cute little hotel that was like a 1 minute walk to the springs.

 This was actually both mine and Trav's first time ever being there (even though my mom swears I've been there before....doesn't count if I was still a baby and can't remember it).  It was really fun!  The whole time though I kept thinking that the kids would really love it too.  We'll have to take them back there sometime.
 Mental note:  Don't wear glasses by the springs.....
 Awww....we still look the same as we did 10 years ago. 
 Now this is amazing...I am ALWAYS cold.  I can be wearing socks, slippers and be wrapped in a blanket all at the same time and when I climb into bed at night my feet are still ice cubes.  Now here is the amazing part.....Me, in a swimsuit, in January, outside and being SO hot!  It was raining a freezing cold rain while we were there and it felt so good and refreshing.  These springs worked a miracle that day.
 We only stayed there one night but it was just enough (there's not much else to do there but sit in the springs and really there's only so much of that you can take.)  And as we were driving out of town look what road we found?  Yep, Main Street turns into Maughan Road.  So cool.
 I also got some amazing flowers for the anniversary.
 And on to one of the troublemakers.....Josh made a chef hat in preschool and is always so excited to help out in the kitchen now (and of course wearing the hat).
 This poor boy was bored to tears the other day because I wouldn't let him play video games all day (imagine that) so we had an amazing battle with his army guys.  We had it all set up looking so awesome I had to capture the moment.  About 2 minutes later Kate-Zilla came through and destroyed it all.  Oh well....setting it up's the fun part right?
It's been an amazing 10 years.  Can't wait to see what the next 10 bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment