Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines out the ears

Okay, to start us off today here is a picture of our yard after that big snow last week.  Our stream is still gorgeous in the snow.  Anyone want to go swimming?  

 And I just can't get enough of this little (okay it's pretty chubby) face.  I'm sure going to miss it when we're in Disneyland!  Only 3 more days......not that I'm counting or anything.

 Valentine's day was great this year.  I had to work that night but we still had fun and celebrated.  (okay people, just because it's Valentine's doesn't mean you have to tip bad) Trav went and picked Rachel up from school and she had gotten about a million treats from her Valentine's party.  So she decided to line up all her treats to see what she got.....

It started in the bedroom......
 

Went down the hall.....

 And into the kitchen....

 Those of you that have been to my house know that this isn't a tiny little hallyway. It's actually pretty long and these candies were lined up neck and neck.  It'll be a miracle if we get through this without any cavities.

If their teeth aren't clean at least their bodies will be.  Also when I was at work (there seems to be a trend here) the kids decided to take a deluxe bubble bath.  I think it's 30% water and 70% bubbles.  But they sure had fun!

 Don't forget the beards.....
 Hmmmmm, what is this funny stuff?

 Mental note, don't eat the funny stuff!

 Then on that gorgeous Sunday we had a couple weeks ago we took a lovely walk to the ponds.  Of course Rach and Josh had to find the biggest sticks they could carry and yes, carry them with them the whole time. 


And you are probably thinking.....gorgeous...what's with all the snow?  Oh no!  That is not snow it's the fuzzies off of the cattails.  It looks like snow though!

 There were lots of hungry geese and ducks there so we helped feed them.


I love that this is within walking distance from our house.  We had such a blast and told our tired kids we were training our legs for Disneyland.  When I suggested a walk the next day they replied with a groan, "We already did that.  We don't need to do it again."  I guess walking is one of those things you don't need to practice. 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are so cute. It's fun to see how you're doing. Rachael and Josh are getting so big. I have a blog too. smithbeat.blogspot.com. I would have emailed you the link a long time ago, but I don't have your email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing well. Hope you have a BLAST in Disneyland!!!

    ReplyDelete